Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Set List Generator

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Set List Generator Reply with quote

In my PCG Tools application I already have a feature to generate a patch list, where you can generate a list of all set lists (and programs/combis too but this is not relevant for this post).

I wonder how you print out set lists? Is it based on a separate list and is the order changed each time the set changes where the set list of the Kronos also needs to be changed or would it nice to have it coupled?

I'm thinking of making a sort of special patch generator for creating a set list that can be printed out. By filling in some additional fields (like band name/location/date) in the GUI of my app you could get something like:

<Name>
<Location> <Data>

Set 1
<Name>
<Name>

Set 2
<Name>
<Name>

Of course this is not flexible enough. Some bands like to have a set list with special notes (like if it is for acoustic guitar for the mixer or who sings lead etc).

For everyone gigging (or using set lists in the studio?), could you give me tips, experiences with printing out set lists etc to take into account.

What would be the minimum requirements to use such an app? How do your set lists look like and are they specific for band members or the mixer? How much you want on one page. What optional info would you like to have on the set list (which can be put more or less 'encrypted' in the description of a set list slot?

(I will not have much chance to react next week but I promise I will react again next week; hopefully there are a lot of usable tips and it might be interesting for everybody).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our band always gets the same setlist...which simply lists the songs on it in the order we play. There are sometimes where we will have segues from one song to another where we draw a little arrow, but no big deal there.

What I think would be awesome, is if you could type a setlist into a program, and then that program would update the kronos with the songs in setlist mode in the order you typed them in!!!!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkFloydDudi wrote:
Our band always gets the same setlist...which simply lists the songs on it in the order we play. There are sometimes where we will have segues from one song to another where we draw a little arrow, but no big deal there.

What I think would be awesome, is if you could type a setlist into a program, and then that program would update the kronos with the songs in setlist mode in the order you typed them in!!!!

Well I was thinking to do it the other way around: Type in the name in the set list slots and that order is used for generating the set list on paper.
On the Kronos you can easily change the order. And if you type it in you still have to make the set list.

The workflow would be:
- Change the name of the set list slots to how you want them to be displayed on the printed set list (if 24 chars is not enough maybe a part of the description should be used)
- Move/insert/remove songs to the correct order.
- Create a PCG.
- Run the app which will create a document (or more) with the set lists to be printed out.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: