Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing patch's in Combi Mode?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MBengel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Changing patch's in Combi Mode? Reply with quote

Reading the manual and waiting to see the 73. I kinda get the idea behind how the fx work with the different modes until it started talking about reserved fx that follow over from a program to a combi like the organs. I was under the assumption that the fx from programs didn't follow over in combi or sequence mode.

Are they just there or do they show up in the IFX for the combi?

My main question goes something like this.
COMBI mode - 4 tracks/programs playing karma using the lower half of the keyboard. 3 other programs split to play leads on the upper keyboard.
Is there way to switch between one of the 3 lead voices without having to mute and unmute the different voices from the display?

I'm sure you could have one lead sound and a bank setup in order of the sounds you wanted to use and select the next in the bank. But that could get messy.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Changing patch's in Combi Mode? Reply with quote

MBengel wrote:

Is there way to switch between one of the 3 lead voices without having to mute and unmute the different voices from the display?

I'm sure you could have one lead sound and a bank setup in order of the sounds you wanted to use and select the next in the bank. But that could get messy.

You can turn them on and off from the control panel, you don't have to use the screen.
So for instance, three leads setup, two are muted and you are playing one of them. One button push to turn it off and another to turn on the new selection.
Very simple and fast. Stephen demonstrated this in one of the videos on KLF, sorry I don't remember which one, but it was an Oasys video from what I recall..
SoulBe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

this thread may be interesting regarding switching patches via karma scenes

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=62564&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

best regards
SoulBe
MBengel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doooh. yeah thank's. I forgot about the buttons above the slider controls when set to control timber 1-8. I image it would be easier if I actually had it to play with right now.
Anyone know how much drive space is left over on the ssd 30gb. Empty space for us to play with.

Thanks, Just checked out that thread. I'll keep reading it until it sinks in. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: