Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the best price for Kronos 73 key ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sodapop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: What's the best price for Kronos 73 key ? Reply with quote

Best pre-order price for Kronos 73 ?
sodapop

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody got a better price than $3300 from nova musik for the 73 ?
Chriskk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait till MF offers a 15% or $500 discount. Have them match the Nova price and get a discount.
ChrisP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In India it costs a little over INR 200,000 (K-73) which works around USD 4,400 (inclusive of customs duty)
sodapop

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to hold my breath until I hear a fantastic price for the 73 !
sodapop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: whats the best price for kronos73 Reply with quote

What prices are people paying for their kronos 73 key ?
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most dealers will be selling at MAP (Minimum Advertised Pricing) which is the price you see on Internet retailer websites.

The only discount I am aware of is NovaMusik.com was/is? offering a "pre-order" discount. If you call or email them they will sell a Kronos for $200 off the MAP price.

http://www.novamusik.com/search.aspx?type=Model&keyword=10923&mid=406&lbs=50

The MAP for the Kronos 73 is $ 3,499 so Nova Musik is offering $3299.

The ways I know of getting a discount are:
1) Be a frequent customer of a specific store so they will give you a discount

2) Call all the Internet Korg Authorized retailers you can find (there is Dealer Locator on the Korg USA website) and ask them for their best price for a "brand new, never used, not a demo"

3) Wait for a major retailer to have a sale, e.g. Guitar Center sometimes has 10% or 15% off sales

4) Wait six months (so dealers will have available inventory) then call around for your best deal.
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
Most dealers will be selling at MAP (Minimum Advertised Pricing) which is the price you see on Internet retailer websites.

The only discount I am aware of is NovaMusik.com was/is? offering a "pre-order" discount. If you call or email them they will sell a Kronos for $200 off the MAP price.

2) Call all the Internet Korg Authorized retailers you can find (there is Dealer Locator on the Korg USA website) and ask them for their best price for a "brand new, never used, not a demo"

3) Wait for a major retailer to have a sale, e.g. Guitar Center sometimes has 10% or 15% off sales

4) Wait six months (so dealers will have available inventory) then call around for your best deal.

No one I deal with charges MAP. I say this is FUD. Have a little patience for maybe a month. Seriously...
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:

$2750 is the price I paid for the 73 key at a local store that I frequent quite often and I finally used my "trump card" to beg for a cheap price. I believe even when I called Guitar Center they were willing to go as low as $2900 if I remember correctly.

With that being said - hello forum! Long time reader but due to login problems that were recently fixed, was never previously able to post.

Anxiously awaiting my Kronos 73.

-PFD
sodapop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank,s for the info PinkFloydDudi . My pre-order for $3299 at Nova Musik is the best I have been able to find so far . Every store I talk to fiddles around and finally says we will match it , are you ready to change your order to us ? I,m like what's the point of that. $3000 or less would be great but I don't know who would give me that price let alone better than what I,m getting now. Waiting for after it,s release for a better deal seems like it would be a long time as in the past with hot new synths the prices can take a long time to come down. I sold my mint V-Synth , Virus Indigo 2 and a Micro Wave XT to get the funds for the K and a good deal is something I deserve but may not find. Not much time left before pre-sale advantage goes away. Oh the humanities !
videorov

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Kronos Reply with quote

Ive been buying alot of equipment from local GC thousands so maybe
I can twist their thumb for a good deal too.
I would like to play one of those PA3X for the heck of it too.
I found a real good demo of the Kronos that showed some intresting
things on the STR-1 synth and the X-Y control.
This guy has four videos that show all 9 synths.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krjUzLI4a_8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One piece of advice I would give to folks looking for the best price is to find a place that has the lowest price, and then use them for everything you need. I got my price because I'm very loyal to these guys, support them by putting their bumper stickers on some cases which are on stage when I play, etc...

If you are in a position where you play in a band or even solo in front of a good amount of people on a regular basis, there is no reason why you can't ask for a type of "sponsorship" deal with people. That is not to say that you can ask for cash each month for wearing their t-shirt...but you can for example say you will display their logo on your band website in exchange for a % discount on items.

For example my drummer always gets free sticks and drum heads whenever he wants. I get discounts on keyboards and priority when they order things I want. Sax player gets free reeds and sax tuneups, etc...

With that being said though - your chances of getting these deals are MUCH higher if you deal with a local store. Guitar Center and places like that get these requests all the time. Unless you have something special about you or your band (like you headling in front of 10,000 people every weekend), chances are they won't blink an eye at you.

But local stores will be much more likely to give you these small perks in exchange for some simple advertising benefits for them in return.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: