Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best way to tweak notes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
go2ldook

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: Best way to tweak notes Reply with quote

Hi, I am not only new to Kronos, I am new to synthesizers (guitarist). So be kind. Here is what I am looking to do. I need to play the Kronos with a Roland Basspedal using my feet while I play guitar. Since this is a one octave input, I occasionally need to change notes to fit the phrase I want to play. For example, I play a synth line and need to convert C5 to E5, while C4-B4 remain the same. Another challenge is, I might want one key to play two notes in rapid succession like a pitch bend, while the other notes just play normally. This simplifies playing a phrase with your feet. I have done this one my computer using soft synths, which allows pitch shifting of individual keys on the keyboard. What is the best way to do these things with Kronos?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first part, use a combi and split your pedal bass into multiple regions (possibly of one key), all referencing to the same program which are transposed differently. It takes some time to program but you can make 16 splits this way (if you use 1 program per key) which must be enough for 13 bass pedals (one octave).

For the other you probably need to copy the used program to another location and tweak it to pitch bend up. I do not know exactly how it goes but I'm sure it's possible. THen use this tweaked program for the bass pedals you want.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
go2ldook

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I was thinking that multiple splits was probably the easiest way to do the keyboard "squeezing" but was just fishing for ideas. My idea for the rest is to record samples of these short phrases and put them into a rhythm set where you can assign the samples to keys (instead of drum sounds), then use that set as one of the splits. That is ultimately how I was doing both chords and short note phrases on the computer soft synths, and it worked well. I know you can do single note chords with Kronos, but I got the impression the chord structure was fixed...will play with that some and see.
go2ldook

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I thought you could do multiple splits, but in Play mode it only allowed EX1 and EX2 for the synth I was using...so you have helped direct me into the combi mode for more intricate splits. Thank you.

I know I should (and will) read the manual, but I am anxious to switch over my synth parts from computer to Kronos before the next gig, and getting some ideas for a faster transition helps. I will have years to delve into the Kronos in more detail. I learned all these tweaks on my computer soft synths that have allowed me to bring some synth into our 3 piece band using my feet (while I sing and play guitar). I am sure there is a lot of cool stuff I can learn about Kronos that will make it a great addition to my sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: