Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How the *$%^K can you load your own samples??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vstkeys

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: How the *$%^K can you load your own samples?? Reply with quote

I know I just read what kidnepro post on working with samples. However, pardon my ignorance I feel that was more intend to promote future release of his own stuff.
Now please let's talk about how to import your own sonds from vsts.
For instance I converted some sounds from kick ass brass (since Kronos Brass sucksballs) using extreme sample converter into soundfonts format , .... loaded into Kronos, now all I get is a delayed sound I tried tweekend the attack to find out what the heck is going but nah, ip pretty much palys a second later after the key is pressed and it sucks , a piece of crap unplayable. Any other keyboard or even my old stupid fantom i never had this problem. NOt to mention the blood manual ( yes I read both) mention nothing about how to really do these things.
Shall we open a special part of the forum to tackle this or am I nuts here and need to see a doctor?

Far out it should be sp much simpler or do I have to edit them before, or whoops Korg where is the editor??

ok i better calm down and take a chill out pill

Anyway
teb335

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes - suggest get to the doctor
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teb335 wrote:
yes - suggest get to the doctor

Put the lime in the coconut, drink them both together.... Then you feel better.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're seeing this delay in the sound, I suggest you check your samples before blaming the keyboard.
Automated sampling systems will have parameters and you've got to pick the right settings to suit the sound you're sampling and what you intend the end result to be.

It is also possible that the soundfont import is reading something wrong, or something. I don't really know how it works, but Korg's sample-based workstations' engines tend to have a 'delay' parameter on the samples so you can make a sound play later, or even wait until keyoff. Normally a special case but it can be useful.
I'm not sure how that would get set 'accidentally' though.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have silence at the start of your samples as X-Trade mentions, then Extreme Sample Converter is setup wrong.

When you open the CONVERTER window, click MENU and go to Advanced. Make sure that the delay compensation is not disabled.

Also go to Auto Trim and make sure that Post Recording of 1 second it selected.
vstkeys

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutly no brainer this one. I guess no one is really serios about loading samples form vst you own into kronos since the Brazz samples have nosilence and plays perfect as is a pro library not just wavedumb sound
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vstkeys wrote:
absolutly no brainer this one. I guess no one is really serios about loading samples form vst you own into kronos since the Brazz samples have nosilence and plays perfect as is a pro library not just wavedumb sound

Well actually it's quite a popular thing to do. That it why such programs like Extreme Sample Converter, Mimik, Sample It, and sample robot exist.
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use SF's but it's VERY easy just to import the raw wav files you've created into the Kronos to create a Multisample, then convert it to Program... no problems, it only takes a few minutes once you know how.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The three places I can think of that the delay might be coming from are:

A) SAMPLE EDIT/LOOP EDIT in the SAMPLING AREA. Make sure the start time is correct.

B) PROGRAM -> OSC/Pitch -> OSC1 BASIC -> Note-On Control

C) COMBI -> TIMBRE PARAMETER -> DELAY

Busch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: