Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spacer Cards: The Sequel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Spacer Cards: The Sequel Reply with quote

Since my last thread about the spacer cards turned into 6 pages on build quality, I thought I would start a new thread with a few more questions on the cards themselves.

Took my Kronos 73 out on the road today. I'm concerned the cards may do more harm than good. A couple of keys were partially depressed behind the cards when I opened the case.

Does anyone with a 73 remember where the cards were? I was thinking they were out on the far ends of the keyboard.

88 owners, did yours come with three cards? Were they placed at each end and in the middle?

Let's keep this thread on topic. If there's no real interest in the cards themselves, may we let the thread die a merciful death. Very Happy
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Spacer Cards: The Sequel Reply with quote

danmusician wrote:
88 owners, did yours come with three cards? Were they placed at each end and in the middle?

yes
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
doogler63

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l have an 88 and the spacing’s of the cards are as you described.

Cheers

Robert Very Happy
drchris

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed that sometimes when I slide the card in, the key will depress a bit and stay there because of the card. I usually simply pull the key back to the normal height. I don't think this damages the key in any way. The card seems to be for keeping the front metal strip from hitting the keys during transport.

With my case (the new gator), there were several pads in the top that can be moved to customize the fit of the case. I think playing with them to make sure that the joysticks are not compressed and that the main pressure is on the main body of the board rather than on the keys is important.

Best wishes,
Chris
Bach42t

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would we be able to order additional spacer cards should ours wear out? Laughing
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bach42t wrote:
Would we be able to order additional spacer cards should ours wear out? Laughing

Cardboard never wears out.

Just kidding. It would be nice if they made a little kit available to owners. A little case with inserts made of something like plastic with double sided felt.

Perhaps an enterprising DIYer could create such a kit.
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Lychee wrote:
Bach42t wrote:

Cardboard never wears out.

Just kidding. It would be nice if they made a little kit available to owners. A little case with inserts made of something like plastic with double sided felt.

Perhaps an enterprising DIYer could create such a kit.

You could likely buy a little CD sleeve and tape/glue it to the bottom of the Kronos for card storage?
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems you could use a couple of cards (maybe cut in half) from a poker deck whenever you need more spacer cards! Better (stronger) than cardboard.
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Lychee wrote:
It would be nice if they made a little kit available to owners. A little case with inserts made of something like plastic with double sided felt.

It would be even nicer if they made a keyboard which does not need spacers.
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXer wrote:
Bruce Lychee wrote:
It would be nice if they made a little kit available to owners. A little case with inserts made of something like plastic with double sided felt.

It would be even nicer if they made a keyboard which does not need spacers.

Haven't used the spacers...

Kronos still works.

Going to guess those spacers are along the same lines as the protective covers of many LCD screens...that recommend you don't remove it for protection, but everyone does anyway.

I believe the instructions were that it is recommended to use them - not required.
Frankyb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Spacer card dimensions Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

My card were also nicely distributed over the kayboard itself. I've got two questions on the spacer cards:

1) I threw mine away by accident, can someone tell me the dimensions (with percise thickness).
2) Does this mean that my Kronos 88 should not sit too tight in its flightcase?

Thanks !!
cr@zyJamn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Be gentle. Reply with quote

My first post to this board.
This is a mind-boggling topic.
Just remember to practice SAFE transport, whatever sleeve you use.
I recommend using spacers made from virgin lambskin (NOT cardboard or latex!).
Remember, they are for Kronos' comfort as well as your own.
Be gentle and she will make beautiful music for you.

Shocked
BrickPilot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a week of moderate use, I thought there was a problem with the action of my middle C on my K88. Turns out the front trim piece was indeed in contact with that one key. So, when not in use, I use the spacers. Haven't had a problem since. This is the only downside (and an extremely minor one at that) to an otherwise brilliant keyboard.

I've gigged with the K88 once, and everyone was thrilled with the sound. In one set, I used plenty of meaty EP's, the CX8, a nice retro ana synth, the stock Sitar/Tambura combi (Norweigian Wood - PERFECT!), the stock Vibrato Flute (MTB's Can't You See - PERFECT). It has all the sounds, and perfect renditions thereof, that I'd been chasing with multiple keyboards for decades. I couldn't be happier.

So I have to use the spacers. No problem in the slightest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: