Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AX1500G, broken input jack, can I replace it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jth7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: AX1500G, broken input jack, can I replace it? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I have a Korg AX1500G multi-effects unit. A while back a lead snapped while in the Left/Mono input, and the top of the lead remained lodged deep in the jack. In attempting to get it out with various disasterous methods involving glue, I ended up totally clogging the jack beyond any repair Rolling Eyes Now the part is still in it and it's also irreparably full of gunk so I believe the only way of using it again is to replace the jack altogether. Is this possible and if so, where would I get the new part? And how would I go about doing it?

I haven't even bothered ringing Korg about sending it for repair as I am outside warranty and live in Ireland. From what I've heard, the cost of sending it to Korg in the UK, paying for the repair and for them to send it back would outweigh the cost of just buying a new one.

Any help on replacing the input jack myself would be appreciated! Thanks in advance, JTH Smile
longi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could buy a new jack from Korg and solder it yourself, if it's anything like the AX3000G it should be pretty straight forward.
jth7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for the reply.

How would I go about buying the jack from Korg? There doesn't seem to be anything about it on their website. Thanks...
longi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta da!!
http://www.korguksupport.co.uk/page.cfm?pageid=587

The phone number is on the bottom of the page. If your not in the UK it's probably in the same place the same on your local Korg website.
Got,
Korg,
Korg Suppport Site,
Spares.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: