Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can anyone recommend a case

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlrshort

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Can anyone recommend a case Reply with quote

Ther rolling case for the SV1 is very expensive. How is he soft bag with wheels? Does it hold the instrument securely? If not can anyone recommend a hard case with rollers other than the Korg?
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My skb's have served me well and survived car crashes without damage to the instrument.

What ever you get should have AT LEAST an inch of foam padding top & bottom (as you play) and around 4 or 5 on the ends -- end on impacts have less area to spread the impact force out.

I believe the current wheeled version has recessed skate type wheels, very smooth rolling, but not shock absorbing.

Enter keyboard cases at ebay - there are 3 or 4 companies making cases that would also suit for $150 or so, custom colors etc. make sure you get heavy duty and ATA rated handles and closures.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
daviebhoy85

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid just under £300 (including delivery) for a hard case with wheels-good job I got the wheels as it's really heavy with the piano inside. It's a brilliant case but it was from a company in England (flight case company) so I think the postage to NJ would probably cost the same as the case, but if you can afford it definately go for a hard case with wheels, I wouldn't put a piano as good and expensive as the SV-1 in a soft case.
Leshammond

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a Google search for flight case manufacturers in your area. My experience is they are often cheaper, an exact fit for your gear and solidly-built.

Regards,
Gord
ShaunKorg

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=60350
Jampaq

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this Gatorcase, and I love it - good padding, hard corenered frame (but soft and light) - I still treat it with care, since it's not a fully hardbodied case. http://www.gatorcases.com/Default.aspx?Section=Products&Page=Details&CategoryID=4482&CatalogID=13191
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: