Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Converting Files to Format Recognized by Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amos922

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Converting Files to Format Recognized by Kronos Reply with quote

I am looking for the best method to convert logic files to a format recognized by my kronos so I can import the sounds into the workstation. Is there anyone who may be able to help guide me in the direction to do this?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you need then to export to the PCG format. If you need specs for it, I can help you with it. I don't know anything about Logic files (I thought it is a sequencer without own sounds).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Amos922

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I believe Logic files are 24bit 96k and kronos is 24 bit 48k. I have never converted any files of any type so I am not familiar with how to do this. Would the process you are referring to do this?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No in that case you probably don't need to only convert PCG but mostly samples, examine KSF files for that. Also I don't have experience with sample files. Sharp knows a lot about it.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
I guess you need then to export to the PCG format. If you need specs for it, I can help you with it. I don't know anything about Logic files (I thought it is a sequencer without own sounds).

Logic cannot export anything to PCG format!
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're talking about taking your audio across to the sequencer... then I expect Kronos will import WAV or AIFF samples. Equally you don't need to convert to KMP and KSF in external software, the sampling mode should take care of that for you.

It really depends what you want to take across, and in what detail. For example you could take your finished recording as a stereo wav and just use that as a backing track pre-mixed on a pair of tracks in the sequencer... Or you could put each track individually on an audio track in the sequencer (provided you don't have too many).
Or take the MIDI (performance) data from your plugin/MIDI tracks in Logic and put them on the Kronos using Kronos' own sounds that sound similar (or different if you like). Or take that further and recreate or sample some of the sounds you are using in Logic to use as program sounds in the Kronos.

Or any combination of the above (within reason).
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If youre taking about exs24 samples they go right in to the kronos. I will elaborate more when I'm back from my gig if u.need me to

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you meant you wanted to create an app to convert it into KSF/PCG etc. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

Amos922

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes if you could please elaborate when you get a chance. The exs samples will work but will the other sounds work as well?
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting Files to Format Recognized by Kronos Reply with quote

Amos922 wrote:
I am looking for the best method to convert logic files to a format recognized by my kronos so I can import the sounds into the workstation. Is there anyone who may be able to help guide me in the direction to do this?

My question to you is: are you interested in converting just the samples or are you trying to automatically migrate all of your loop points, velocity/key splits/crossfades, etc. in one shot along with the sample data directly to the Kronos?

Cheers!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
Amos922

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point being able to just importing them in without using an audio cable to manually sample them is sufficient enough. I can set other parameters as needed once I have them imported into kronos. If there is a way to migrate the individual sounds with the loop points, velocity, etc. that would only be icing on the cake. My main concern is just importing in a recognized format, but if you know a way to do the latter as well please do share...
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amos922 wrote:
At this point being able to just importing them in without using an audio cable to manually sample them is sufficient enough. I can set other parameters as needed once I have them imported into kronos. If there is a way to migrate the individual sounds with the loop points, velocity, etc. that would only be icing on the cake. My main concern is just importing in a recognized format, but if you know a way to do the latter as well please do share...

In that case you can leverage the fact that Logic's EXS-24 by uses .aiff and .wac format samples which the Kronos understands natively.
You can just use USB to save the files and load them from the Disk mode on the Kronos. You can use them in multisamples and in turn with wave sequences for some very powerful effects. All of this is possible without having to convert anything; in fact, because the Kronos can read even 24 bit and 48kHz samples you're guaranteed that anything which works in Logic will work in HD-1.
The trick will be to locate the raw samples which you can browse for directly in Logic or in Finder by navigating to the {username}/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments or /Library/Application Support/Logic/EXS Factory Samples folders.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
Amos922

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for the help sir. I think I got it now.
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amos922 wrote:
Ok thanks for the help sir. I think I got it now.

Excellent! My pleasure. Let us know how everything works out!

Happy tweaking!

Hardware:

Software:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: