Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sample Playback & Edit problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spit-balling here but are you saving the sample data to disk? Are you coming back to the samples after you've turned the Kronos off?

I remember when I first got into this that I erroneously just "saved all"..... after 4 hours of work , none of my samples were saved.

I then worked out that I had to save the sample data AS WELL AS the pcg etc.....

Might have mis-interpreted your issue, but this does ring a bell or two..... but then again, I might have been using my Kronos incorrectly Very Happy

but it does sound like you're nearly there Cool

Will have another think!

Dan
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
go2ldook

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone experiencing this issue, the deal is, once you migrate away from the sample mode, perhaps to a program to record more samples, the samples or multisample you were working on will not be loaded when you go back to the sample mode. You can see them, select them, but cannot play the waveform. The program you switched to will be all you can hear. You need to save the multisample as a ksg file, then go to disk mode and load it, then go back to sample mode to tweak it again. This seems odd...a bit clunky and counter-intuitive, but it is what it is. Interestingly, even if you migrate away from an unsaved multisample to a program and then back, you can still save that multisample when you come back to sampling mode...even though you can no longer audition the tracks. You can save it to ksc then load it from disk mode. I find it hard to believe this is what they intended...maybe it is just a function of the OS.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fwiw, when sampling I don't go into program mode. I do everything in samPle mode...
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: