Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Organ sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simonmavin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Organ sounds Reply with quote

I am loving my sv-1....but there is one problem, I'm not that into the preset organ sounds that have been provided.
Is there any way of making them better on the editor??
What is needed is drawbars. Not sure why korg did not provide drawbars in the editor..anyone esle agree????
agerhbour

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

because the SV-1 is a purely sampled keyboard (all sounds in it are recorded sounds), to be able to provide drawbars, korg would have had to record each individual drawbar. Since the sv-1 is actually the "stage vintage piano", the organs are really just an add-on, so the keyboard is actually aimed at clavs, eps and pianos, hence the weighted action.
but since its vintage sounds, they provided some organs, and the drawbar organs were just sampled at settings they are typically used at.

but really, unless you're a real organ enthusiast, with the 6 organs provided in each sound pack (+ the sounds in the favourites of the sound pack, like the split organ), you should be able to get the basic sounds you need.
if you were an organ enthusiast, you wouldn't have bought something with a weighted action, and probably would've gone for the nord C3 or nord electro, since they provide exactly that.
simonmavin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I didn't go for the nord was because the piano/rhodes sounds aren't that good in my opinion..i guess you can't get the best of both worlds...
the reason I'm not happy with the korg ogran sounds is i'm comparing them to my hammond xk-1...probably not the best idea, but for touring taking two or three boards is a headache would like to just take the one!
I'm not too fussed about the action not being waterfall, just need a good organ sound with percussion options for a dub/reggae band
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonmavin wrote:
The reason I didn't go for the nord was because the piano/rhodes sounds aren't that good in my opinion..i guess you can't get the best of both worlds...
the reason I'm not happy with the korg ogran sounds is i'm comparing them to my hammond xk-1...probably not the best idea, but for touring taking two or three boards is a headache would like to just take the one!
I'm not too fussed about the action not being waterfall, just need a good organ sound with percussion options for a dub/reggae band

Definately, just take the XK with you. It'll outperform any more 'generic' solution like the SV1 or a workstation or synthesizer.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
simonmavin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but I need the sv for rhodes/wurly/clavi/piano....and a synth for the lead lines....in a bit of a pickle... any ideas on a good all rounder keyboard? I've heard the roland combo is pretty good...
mackbaz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I don't know much about organs, but unless your complaining about the action or lack of physical drawbars, I think the organs sound pretty good. I don't think what you're asking of exists. If you want a true organ you'll want waterfall keys, but then that makes your EPs and APs feel very unnatural. If you are particular about the organ I would just get an additional keyboard that either does organs well like one of the nords, or get a dedicated organ.
jpvx-ray

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mackbaz wrote:
Maybe I don't know much about organs, but unless your complaining about the action or lack of physical drawbars, I think the organs sound pretty good. I don't think what you're asking of exists. If you want a true organ you'll want waterfall keys, but then that makes your EPs and APs feel very unnatural. If you are particular about the organ I would just get an additional keyboard that either does organs well like one of the nords, or get a dedicated organ.

I agree this keyboard should not even have organ sounds. To me an organ has to have drawbars and waterfall keys. I would much prefer aditional piano sounds.
nerdtro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the Hammond XM2 Module and if you want, the drawbar controller, Then you have everything except the waterfall keyboard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: