Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos "Sour Sweetwater Sound" Bad Deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sani, Yeah you are correct, the screen lays flat and looks like an M1, and not like an M3 or OASYS. I should have never bought one as the screen was meant to be watched by Hunchbacks Laughing . Do yourself a favor//watch this and tell me a damn Trinity sounds anything close to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Vkxztxg1c&feature=player_embedded#

Kronos bank arrangement is fine if you enjoy working around GM Files, remembering bank numbers and which ones are EX,AL or HD etc..loading and unloading samples. I dont, and find it this as being very old 20 yr old technology. PCG or KSC who cares..and if you arent careful you will wipe out all your data such as I have by mistake too many times and have to reboot the factory setting again. michelkeijzers is doing wonders trying to simplify and make it better, but just read the post "Saving a Program Change" and read all the damn BS you have to read, learn and go through just to do this simple task. It is pathetic and I cant believe anyone would defend this system!! Personally I like new technology like the JP80 and not old keyboards like the M1 or the Trinity.. They are history along with tiny flat uncolored screens.

And yes I like colored buttons, LED lights and keeping it simple.... unlike Mr "jimknopf" who still uses a Motorola Brick Cellphone and has Windows 3.1 loaded on his PC ..because its COOL!!. Wink Jim BTW is still waiting.. and has been 3 years, for Roland to update his Fantom G.. or communicate with him? Hmm talk about lack of insight.. 3 years? Jim did you sell your Fantom or are you still waiting for Roland to contact you?? Shocked
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five pages of what in this post... where will we go now?

Sparkie you never change. If you wanted to find contentment and had it, you would soon look for something else to complain about.

It is great that you sold your Kronos... Embrace that choice... Let it go!

Last edited by jazlover on Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
panrixx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, five pages is more than enough. Any more and this thread will start to become incredibly boring.

Sparkie, as you have now sold your Kronos is your sole purpose now just to slag it off? Enough. I'll just skip any further posts of yours.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparkie,

Your post over on the Roland Forums as "RayS" was pretty bad.

Enjoy your JP-80. I don't expect to see you posting here in the Kronos forums given your statements.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
panrixx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
Sparkie,

Your post over on the Roland Forums as "RayS" was pretty bad..
Yes, and it only took him one post to start annoying members on that forum Rolling Eyes
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
Sparkie,

Your post over on the Roland Forums as "RayS" was pretty bad.

Enjoy your JP-80. I don't expect to see you posting here in the Kronos forums given your statements.

Martin I would welcome any debate of the issues/statements I had and found with the Kronos and made over there in a separate post. However, yours and Panrixx's hasty double post is really "off topic" here though.... and Sharp please close this thread.
smythrocks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Sweetwater - Excellent Service Reply with quote

For many years I spent my hard earned dollars at Musiciansfriend. Then I started visiting a local Guitar Center because I wanted to "try" out whatever I was getting ready to purchase before I put money down. The problem with GC is that "keyboard techs" at all of their stores in the MI area are pretty clueless when it comes to demonstrating the new stuff and I find the dust, grime etc, discomforting when I sit down to audition a new board. Then I started doing business with Sweetwater. Awesome. I get a call the same day on ANYTHING I order, whether it's a $10.00 cable or a $4,000 keyboard. "My" salesrep calls just to confirm what I've ordered, asks if there is anything else I need and in many occasions corrected something on the order that was incorrect for what I wanted it to do. I've only had to return one item (a wireless lavilier mic) because the connector was wrong - this was Sampson's fault, not Sweetwater. I agree, they pack their keyboards in an overpack. Incredible. I usually get a call from my sales guy after I make a purchase just to see how I like it. Finally, in most cases my items arrive within two days.

Just a thought, everyone makes a mistake here and then. Nobody's perfect. It is certainly anyone's right to change where they purchase goods from if they had "A" problem with the item. Sometimes though, it is better to work through the issue completely, and that might involve getting a manager involved, taking pictures of "your suspicions" and sending them to the company etc. I find that most prices on musical gear are about the same from vendor to vendor. To me, it's the extra service that Sweetwater provides that has kept me on as a customer....and the candy that comes with every order is fun to give out to my kids!

Synthoid wrote:
McHale wrote:
AMS ships your stuff in the original box. Sweetwater ships the original box inside a BIGGER box, filled with packing.

Not always! I bought a Korg D1600 quite awhile back that was shipped in its factory box. The strapping tape on the bottom was just about to give way as well. I wasn't impressed with FexEx (or whoever delivered it).

From what I recall... my Radias wasn't double boxed either, although to be fair, both the keyboard and synth module are packed in separate boxes inside the outer one.

Hammond XK3C, Yamaha S90XS, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Tyros V, Roland Fantom G7, Korg Kronos 88, Roland Jupiter 80, Sonar Producer 8.5, Digital Performer Pro, Apple MacBook Pro. Komplete, Arturia V collection etc.
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With fear and trembling, I'll add a comment here. I really don't mean to prolong this thread.

I've had good and bad experiences with many of the vendors mentioned here.

AMS once sent me a replacement Tascam DA30 MKII DAT machine and told me to put the original in the box and send it back, no charge. Great service. But recently, I tried to order from them and got a run-around on my credit card. They lost my business.

Years ago, I ordered a Korg piano module from Musician's Friend for $500. IN THE BOX THAT IT SHIPPED IN was a flyer advertising the same unit for $50 off. Yet they charged me full price. I sent it back out of irritation. Ended up buying it at Chuck Levin's for $250!!

I used to trust Chuck's, til I discovered that the salesman was pushing me toward keyboards that he was given incentive to sell. (He's no longer there by the way.)

Sweetwater has generally given me good service. But "my" salesrep doesn't always return my emails asking for help in choosing a product. I was in the store last summer ready to spend 5K on a keyboard. Got almost no help. (Ended up buying the Kronos from Chuck's). I have noticed that when sales are down, I do get a personal call or email from Sweetwater asking me if I need anything.

The truth is, they are all good companies. They all do their best to serve the customer. They are all run by humans who make mistakes. Most of them will work with you to make it right if you are reasonable with them. Very Happy

PS - I fairness to Sweetwater, they did not have a Kronos in stock at the time for me to try. I wasn't buying anything until I played one. Chuck's had the unit and got the sale. They also gave me $300 off the standard Internet price.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all so relative. I've worked in two music shops and I personally only wanted to find out what the customer wanted as best as I could, and help him reach the right buy. But sometimes that customer that I spent two hours with then left because he found a better deal from some shop that happened to be in trouble and wanted to get rid of the same item I was trying to sell. And sometimes the customer would come back for weeks upon end demanding the equivalent of private lessons on how to use the equipment. Neither things bothered me personally a whole lot, but obviously the shop owners and managers are not happy with it. So they tried to sell things that made them more money, or were easier to sell. Sometimes it doesn't matter whether the customer leaves with a 200 dollar yamaha or a 200 dollar casio. Some customers are so suspicious they feel shafted no matter what you sell them, or for what price.

Bottom line is; do most research yourself or try to get advice from knowledgable colleagues. Then look for the best deal.
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
It's all so relative. I've worked in two music shops and I personally only wanted to find out what the customer wanted as best as I could, and help him reach the right buy. But sometimes that customer that I spent two hours with then left because he found a better deal from some shop that happened to be in trouble and wanted to get rid of the same item I was trying to sell. And sometimes the customer would come back for weeks upon end demanding the equivalent of private lessons on how to use the equipment. Neither things bothered me personally a whole lot, but obviously the shop owners and managers are not happy with it. So they tried to sell things that made them more money, or were easier to sell. Sometimes it doesn't matter whether the customer leaves with a 200 dollar yamaha or a 200 dollar casio. Some customers are so suspicious they feel shafted no matter what you sell them, or for what price.

Bottom line is; do most research yourself or try to get advice from knowledgable colleagues. Then look for the best deal.

+1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: