Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help please?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Help please? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I recently purchased Kronos Assault and WOW this is an amazing soundset and really quite versatile. I am using the patch "The Letter E" as some added texturing to Eric Bogle's anti-war song "And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda."

But to my questions: I had no user samples loaded into Kronos and installed Assault. So I am playing with one of the patches and wanted to use SST and add a little SGX-1 for an original tune. BUT ...

Assault wiped out Bank I-A! Yes all of the patches were in U-G as advertised and the installation obviously went smoothly but do I need to get the 4GB upgrade to have Assault AND SGX-1 at the same time?

Also, before I loaded Assault, I had made sure to write my Setlist. But when I did a restore in an attempt to recover SGX-1, I discovered that my saved setlist is gone. I know this is something I did incorrectly.

So, how do I recover setlists? I am in the process of recreating it and really do not want to have to do this again.

To Sharp: Kronos Assault is nothing short of AMAZING!! Thank you!!!!

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, fortunately, if you've rebuilt your setlists it's possible to export them to a .pcg file either just saved on the local SSD or to a USB-attached drive of some sort. In disk mode on the save tab you can select what actually gets exported. This option is available once you've begun the save process. You'll see that you can save global information, one bank at a time, samples, setlists, whatever you're interested in backing up.
I'd strongly recommend saving to a USB-attached drive and selecting just your setlists (oh, and giving it a logical, meaningful name to keep from overwriting accidentally in the future).
Hope this helps! Cheers!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: