Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Noise after power up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sgroovez

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:39 am    Post subject: Noise after power up Reply with quote

SV-1 88 when I power up, I have a buzzing that sounds like an airplane or a helicopter in the distance. I am not able to hear this on the headphone output, but notice it on the 1/4" and XLR outputs. The noise is masked once I start playing. However it is an underlying noise WAY low, but I would like to get rid of it!Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your help
gregpoulos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the exact same problem.

If I go XLR or 1/4" line out into my MOTU 8pre to record, there is an annoying, low buzz/hum present the entire time, regardless of which sound is chosen. You can see this noise visible on the waveform.

Same problem using the same outs going to speakers.

However, no noise via the headphone jack.

I have a Nord Electro 3 also and it exhibits ZERO noise.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Greg
sgroovez

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that it wasn't in my headphone jack as well. So I checked into it, plugged headphones in and cranked the volume. I heard the noise there as well. I believe that there is a grounding issue somewhere. I am in the process of recording the noise and sending it off to Korg to see what can happen. It is weird that this just started up however!
I work in a music store, we have a Korg SV-1 with 73 keys, and it is quiet as ever! Weird. When I hear something I will post to let you know.
sgroovez

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Spoke with Korg Reply with quote

I sent some audio files to Korg. They told me that it sounded like a grounding issue, and that I need to take the SV1 to a authorized repair center to have it serviced. I am hoping that this can be taken care of quickly and that the job is easy....fingers crossed...time to backup the SV1!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: