Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum for Korg M1, T3 and O1W
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should AI synths (M1, T series, 01W, etc.) and derivatives get their own forum and make some other changes?
Yes, 'Korg family' and downloads should be broken into synthesis methods then family as an additional level - or something big to resuffle things and make it more logical and easy to oversee
40%
 40%  [ 13 ]
Yes, but only one family for AI, M1 or alike should be added and leave all the rest alone
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
I like the forum structure as it is, nobody cares about dinosaurs - get a life
40%
 40%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 32

Morshu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol whenever you say ACCESS i think ACCESS VIRUS lol
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
Except that to call MOSS, Radias, R3 etc 'virtual analog' is so limiting. 'analog' is but a subset of what they can do. The only ones that are really 'virtual analog' are the MS2000 and original MicroKorg.

I find it works quite well though to separate 'workstations' from 'synthesizers'. add 'arrangers' and 'grooveboxes' too. I'm not quite sure how that difference is quantified but every instrument only falls into one of those categories.

It was either "virtual analog" or "synthesizer thingies" - i didn't really know how to handle those... just illustrating an idea Embarassed
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys.
Every section on the forum that exists was created out of necessity. Opening dedicated sections for the M1 and other old keyboards is by no means anything even close to a necessity.

If it were then the Korg Synths (General) section would be busy, which it's not. A single page currently has more than 1 months worth of posts displayed.

Compare that to a single section like the KRONOS. As always I'm totally open to suggestions for reorganising things, but creating new dedicated sections for old keyboard won't happen as there's little to no interest in them any more.

Regards
Sharp.
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Hi Guys.
Every section on the forum that exists was created out of necessity. Opening dedicated sections for the M1 and other old keyboards is by no means anything even close to a necessity.

If it were then the Korg Synths (General) section would be busy, which it's not. A single page currently has more than 1 months worth of posts displayed.

Compare that to a single section like the KRONOS. As always I'm totally open to suggestions for reorganising things, but creating new dedicated sections for old keyboard won't happen as there's little to no interest in them any more.

Regards
Sharp.

Personally, I agree when it comes to older keyboards. theres not enough users of the M1 or wavestation now a days to have there own section. which is why the korg general section is great!

However, as i mentioned to you via PM about a year ago, I do still find the numerous triton sections as troublesome. More questions could be answered in just one section. Perhaps LE/TR could still have its own, because of their serious lack of features compared to the actual triton. But I think it is very redundant to have so many triton forums.

Also, you do have some sections that are kind of idle all the time which could easily consolidate into the korg general section such as the I series section, and even the SV-1, (which you could make a Stage piano section)

Just some thoughts. I love this forum! Its on my most visited next to facebook!

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies ... i blame the facebook people and their pathological need for frequent trivial changes ... i'll go be quiet now Embarassed
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
A single page currently has more than 1 months worth of posts displayed.

A wealth of information is already there, but very difficult to find due to the lack of structure. I agree on posts (what else is left untold for these synths?), but maybe a check on the number of visits/hits would also be a relevant indicator. Not arguing the Kronos part and it is only natural, but if I compare the whole section to the Triton Extreme, Triton Rack or Karma, for example, I'm not so sure about the relevancy of the statement above...
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A wealth of information is already there, but very difficult to find due to the lack of structure.

I accept that, but there's far more important things to be worried about than sections on a forum for keyboards that were discontinued over a decade or two ago.

When I secure the future of the forum, I will look into doing something for older products and combining Triton Series into one. Right now my focus is on getting a server and keeping us online.

Regards
Sharp.
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
When I secure the future of the forum, I will look into doing something for older products and combining Triton Series into one. Right now my focus is on getting a server and keeping us online.

Regards
Sharp.

Of course nothing wrong with those priorities, I fully agree with it and thanks for all your efforts invested in KF. I wish I could be any help in getting the forum fully back online. Let me/us know if there's anything we can help.

Combining Tritons would be a good move I think and surely there are other priorities for you, but for 'old dogs' like me, it would be nice to 'get history right', too. Anyways, let there always be hope Very Happy - and I'm ready to help, if I can in any way...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: