Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's coming ...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dregsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: It's coming ... Reply with quote

Guitar Center is a complete joke part II ...

I just received a tracking number from Sweetwater. A Kronos 73 is on it's way and should be here, believe it or not, tomorrow or Friday! Shocked

As soon as the rep called I gleefully cancelled my longstanding GC pre order. The last I heard from GC, they were to receive one today or tomorrow and said I might get it sometime next week. For those that don't know, after months of misinformation, disappointments and false promises from GC, I checked around and after reading some of the positive stuff here and on other sites I ordered a 73 from Sweetwater a few weeks ago as a backup. The SW rep, who made no promises, contacted me regularly with email updates during this time and even called me twice! When he called this morning I'm pretty sure I had a heart attack. Wink

Long story short I could go ahead and throw GC under the bus again but I'm just too damn happy right now. Hopefully my horrible experience in buying this workstation will help some poor sole in the future.

Sweetwater gets a big +1!

It's time to buckle up! Cool
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: It's coming ... Reply with quote

dregsor wrote:
I just received a tracking number from Sweetwater. A Kronos 73 is on it's way and should be here, believe it or not, tomorrow or Friday! Shocked

I'm very happy for you. The waiting hasn't been in vain.
donjuancarlos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got word my 73 is on the way from Sweetwater today as well. At loooooooooooong laaaaaaast...
dregsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats donjuancarlos on getting your 73!

Hopefully this means most of those who have been waiting so long will be getting theirs soon as well.
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the word that my Kronos 61 is going to be arriving on Friday. Only one problem, my normal sales associate was off and the keyboard manager give me a call. I have been waiting in excess of 2 months(I know some of you have waited a lot longer), but my wife was working with me and our clients. [i]The boss answered the phone and was told my new keyboard was scheduled to arrive on Friday.[/i] With the clients sitting across the table, my wife says "your're getting a new keyboard". I just smiled and said "Yes, I told you about it a couple of months ago". Gulp...well, everything is fine now, heading for mighty fine. Smile

Congrats to those who are getting theirs now also!

dregsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My boss answered the phone and was told my new keyboard was scheduled to arrive on Friday. With the clients sitting across the table, my wife says "your're getting a new keyboard". I just smiled and said "Yes, I told you about it a couple of months ago".

Busted! Laughing

I may have done something original to solve this problem. I wrote my wife a song. I won't play it for her until I get the Kronos. Of course after months of waiting, the anticipation is killing her! And the cost seems to have slipped her mind. Wink
Ajbbklyn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, Sweetwater received a sufficiently large shipment so that all the preorders were satisfied - and the website shows 61, 73 & 88 as "In Stock".
HwyStar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

88 demo unit at Sweetwater: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Kronos88d $3699.00
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HwyStar wrote:
88 demo unit at Sweetwater: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Kronos88d $3699.00

I paid less than that for a new in-the-box 88!
HwyStar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Chuck... I went back into Sweetwater and noticed new ones are one hundred bucks more. Big whoop! I will go back to sleep now. Thx.
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dregsor wrote:
Quote:
My boss answered the phone and was told my new keyboard was scheduled to arrive on Friday. With the clients sitting across the table, my wife says "your're getting a new keyboard". I just smiled and said "Yes, I told you about it a couple of months ago".

Busted! Laughing

I may have done something original to solve this problem. I wrote my wife a song. I won't play it for her until I get the Kronos. Of course after months of waiting, the anticipation is killing her! And the cost seems to have slipped her mind. Wink

Yes, I was busted. But...I did get my Kronos 61 today. I unpacked it tonight, set it up, and am reading the material before I fire it up. It is really difficult, but I am going to low key it tonight. For me, tomorrow is a long day as I have to go to work early...but I shall get back in the afternoon and break in the Kronos. Yes, I am very excited!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I got my Kronos at West LA music, I have purchased many keyboards from them over the years, ask for Christopher G, see what he can do for you. The best. Smile
dregsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennyC,

Good news, my wife cried when I player her song. Bad news, I'm most likely returning the Kronos on Monday. Crying or Very sad

I'll put all the details in a new post soon. Good luck with your 61!
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW dregsor, I am sorry to hear that. You've got me wondering what is wrong. Hope everything is ok! Smile

p.s. I am happy that your wife enjoyed your song. I wrote my wife's song about 10 years ago and now I am going to redo it.
dregsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Denny here is a excerpt from my post the other day ...

Quote:

I've got problems with the RH3 key bed. It looks like all the stories we've been seeing for months are mostly true. While the keys on the 73 are even in height across the board, there are notable gaps in the key spacing. Every octave between B and C has a gap. And the are a few others as well. They are not huge and I could most likely live with it but it gets worse ...

In the second octave the C,E,F and G keys all make a clunking sound on release. All the other keys are fine but this could be a deal breaker.

Some other things I've noticed so far :
The plastic cover on the lower joy stick is uneven and loose on the left edge. I had a combi lock up while I was playing it. Every note locked on sustain and it was quite a racket. I've also had intermittent note cutoffs from time to time although I'm not positive about some of those. They could have just been the program. I'll have to spend a lot more time with the unit to be sure.

I've had most of the weekend to explore further and I'll be putting up a new post with the whole story. Keep in mind that not everyone is having issues. I'm not sure what the percentage is but I believe it's too high. Let's just say that besides the current problems I worry what might happen down the road, when my options will be limited, or none.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: