Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

While waiting my Kronos 88 shipping... questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acousticflavour

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: While waiting my Kronos 88 shipping... questions Reply with quote

With M3, if I wan't to copy two programs into a combi, I don't get them in with their own effects. I have to make a compromise with their effect's and get the effects linked so I can get as original sound for both them as possible. Any way after that the timbres/programs don't sound original but almost.

How about this with the Kronos? Is it possible to copy programs into a combi just like that with out problems?

And is there in the Kronos the M3 sound called Strawberry Flutes (Mellotron)?

Thanks for advice!
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: While waiting my Kronos 88 shipping... questions Reply with quote

Acousticflavour wrote:
With M3, if I wan't to copy two programs into a combi, I don't get them in with their own effects. I have to make a compromise with their effect's and get the effects linked so I can get as original sound for both them as possible. Any way after that the timbres/programs don't sound original but almost.

How about this with the Kronos? Is it possible to copy programs into a combi just like that with out problems?

And is there in the Kronos the M3 sound called Strawberry Flutes (Mellotron)?

Thanks for advice!

You can copy the first set of effects to the combi easily. There are 12 IFX, 2 MFX & 2 TFX. You will have to copy any other effects and do the routing manually on those.

U-A077 is the Mellotron Strawberry Fields flutes and they are spot on. All the Mellotron samples are really good. U-A080 sounds like the Mellotron string samples used in Led Zeppelin's All My Love.
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
Acousticflavour

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

ok, thanks!

So I can't copy a grand piano program into a combi and after that a full brass ensemble program into the same combi just like that - without any routing with the effects? Same situation like with M3?

And more questions: How much free memory Kronos have for combis? Can I use external USB HD?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Acousticflavour wrote:
ok, thanks!

So I can't copy a grand piano program into a combi and after that a full brass ensemble program into the same combi just like that - without any routing with the effects? Same situation like with M3?

And more questions: How much free memory Kronos have for combis? Can I use external USB HD?

No but you can add the effects (you have 12 now). Don't know if you can add them so easily in the M3.

The Kronos has if I'm correct 13 combi banks which is 13 * 128 combis, only 3 or so are filled.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify. Here's an example

If you use COPY FROM PROGRAM for your first timbre and select:
IFX-ALL, MFXs, TFXs, etc. the first timbre of the combi should sound exactly like the original program.

Now you can still use COPY FROM PROGRAM for additional timbres. If you deselect IFX-ALL (and everything else) and select only IFXs-All USED copying this to timbre 2, it will properly place the insert FXs for this program below the first program in the IFX chain, all with proper routing.

You can continue to do this until you run out of IFXs. Now these timbres might sound a little different than the original programs because they aren't using the same MFXs and TFXs, but these are generally reverbs and limiters, so it shouldn't be a huge issue.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
Acousticflavour

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

burningbusch:

Yes, thanks. That's what i ment. So the situation is the same with M3. Or is there really 12 effects to use in a combi? Then you could use almost all the effects for both sounds and it would sound original...?
MarPabl
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are really 12 IFX on Kronos for COMBI, as well as for PROGRAM. On M3 you have 5 IFX for COMBI and for PROGRAM. So you have better chances to get all the IFX of several PROGRAMS before running out of effects on Kronos.

Regarding MFX and TFX, you'll need to setup those for the whole COMBI, because you still have 2 of each one, just as it happens with PROGRAM mode.
Acousticflavour

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

ok, great! Thanks for help!

-Acoustic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: