Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

effects routing in sequencer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok basically what happened when you "copied from program" the second time, you overwrote all of program 1's fx assignments. What you want to do is possible but takes a little work. The first program in your sequence you can "copy from program" as a whole. This will now sound just like the original program. If you go to the IFX page you'll see a few slots filled. For the second sound, don't do "copy from program" but select the sound manually. Now head back to the IFX page. Select from the Utility menu "copy IFX from program" and when prompted for which program, find the right one. You can tick the box "all" and it will copy all IFX (as long as slots are available), but very important is that you have to select from where it will start filling slots - because the first slots are already taken up by the IFX of the first program you copied!
After this is done, check where the newly copied FX chain starts (e.g. IFX slot 4). Now head to the IFX routing page, and set timbre 2 to go to this IFX slot (4?).

You should be in business now. The MFX and TFX will still make the whole thing sound slightly different, but mostly this should be trivial compared to the IFX.

Good luck!
helpcomputer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
Ok basically what happened when you "copied from program" the second time, you overwrote all of program 1's fx assignments. What you want to do is possible but takes a little work. The first program in your sequence you can "copy from program" as a whole. This will now sound just like the original program. If you go to the IFX page you'll see a few slots filled. For the second sound, don't do "copy from program" but select the sound manually. Now head back to the IFX page. Select from the Utility menu "copy IFX from program" and when prompted for which program, find the right one. You can tick the box "all" and it will copy all IFX (as long as slots are available), but very important is that you have to select from where it will start filling slots - because the first slots are already taken up by the IFX of the first program you copied!
After this is done, check where the newly copied FX chain starts (e.g. IFX slot 4). Now head to the IFX routing page, and set timbre 2 to go to this IFX slot (4?).

You should be in business now. The MFX and TFX will still make the whole thing sound slightly different, but mostly this should be trivial compared to the IFX.

Good luck!

Thanks for you help sander. I did this and still having the problem. However i realized something. The FX that i keep losing on track 1 is a rotary effect, and i noticed it is tied to one of the toggle switches (bottom left of keyboard) This must be the source of the problem. Is there a way that I can take the effect so it is always on, and not linked to the toggle button? I think this would solve the problem....?

Thank you guys for all your help, I really appreciate it
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helpcomputer wrote:
SanderXpander wrote:

Good luck!

Thanks for you help sander. I did this and still having the problem. However i realized something. The FX that i keep losing on track 1 is a rotary effect, and i noticed it is tied to one of the toggle switches (bottom left of keyboard) This must be the source of the problem. Is there a way that I can take the effect so it is always on, and not linked to the toggle button? I think this would solve the problem....?

Thank you guys for all your help, I really appreciate it

In the IFX settings of the leslie there are a few modulation sources you can set, just switch the problem one off.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
helpcomputer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so I am pretty sure that the effect being lost is an AMS mod mapped to SW1, not an IFX... any reason why this would shut off at any point in sequencer mode?

Basically, is there a way I can make the AMS mod so it is always on and not dependent on the SW1 being on
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: