Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Score Analysis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
master logic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Score Analysis Reply with quote

I know this might be impossible & sound bonkers but is there any software that can take a recording & create a musical score or midi file? I don't mean create the score from a sequencer, rather take a recording from a cd or a file & analyze it.

Cheers,

S.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.
Not yet anyway. There have been some innovations in this area, but they only process single tracks at the moment.

Regards
Sharp.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who notates all my music before recording, I've used a lot of software packages, but none of them have this feature.

The best thing I can suggest you do, is to play your keyboard along with the track you have in mind, recording it into the sequencer then get your scoring app to import the midi file produced from your keyboard.

To be accurate you may have to record it in parts, or the different instruments. Unfortunately nothing around as easy as just playing the cd and getting the score out the other end! (I wish!)
master logic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys! Just getting tired & lazy in my old age.....zzzzzz Wink
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you have a midi files with all the tracks and everything, you still can't get a decent ligit score. Someone who knows about editing scores, MUST proof-read it, especially, f you want to prepare the score for actual acoustic instruments.

ChrisKn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Analyzing software Reply with quote

FWIW, Biab from PGMusic will do just this. Using Audio Chord wizard it will tell you chords notes tempo and key sig. From MIdi files Wav files etc. Hope this helps someone out..

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: