Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRS-04 Pro Splits and Layers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: KRS-04 Pro Splits and Layers Reply with quote

19$ aren't much. And I found 3 out 128 splits and (mainly) layers, which I thought I might perhaps use in some context.
That's the positive.

Most of the combis are simply variations of a (any) pad sound glued together with a (any) piano or epiano sound in a way which - hmmm, how do I say it politely - surprises me. Confused

It's probably just me: I hear pop easy listening Kitsch, I hear disturbingly unproportional, not properly equalized booming basses, I hear weak flutes, measly trumpets, and ear cutting synth leads, put on top of some cheesy sound mash, and I hear cold digital sounds mixed with soft ear candy.

And all the time I ask myself: what is this supposed to be?
And in which context might this be played?

What I did not find:
lots of useful splits and layers for rock and jazz live play.

I know sounds are a matter of taste, and so I can only hope that some of you can deal better with what they bought and hear. I'm not sour and not really disappointed. I'm just surprised.
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested, but I would like to hear more examples(sound clips). For me, it is probably best to get the 1.5 installed and up and running, upgrade the ram....by then there ought to be more things to choose from. Smile
keyplayer14

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really hearing much in the few demos that are up but I figure for $19 I'll get it. There's bound to be somthing useful in there!
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a general rule, if it doesn't sound better than what I can roll on my own I'm not interested. The only other factor is time, but it's GOT to be stuff that's useful!

With the exception of some new sample libraries, it's hard for me to justify a sound library anyway. I'm still digesting the factory sounds and what's available for free for the Kronos and Oasys. Between all of it, I can't see much that wouldn't either be in the ballpark or show me how to program what I need by dissecting it.

You know what I WOULD buy being in a cover band? Sounds that emulate special (playable) sounds from records new and old. Not the oddball stuff either. The popular stuff that practically EVERYONE (In WORKING bands) plays. Say a FULL bank of 128 sounds for each decade. 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's (Before the 70's most sounds are pretty straight forward) for $50 each decade. If it was done WELL, and at least half were songs I do or were in the plans for the future, I'd be on it in a heartbeat!

The last one is non sound effect "how did they do that?" kind of sounds that are truly unique. There was one sound on the electro demo that sounded kind of like the new Korn stuff that was really cool. However that was the only standout from the limited demo.
Phinnin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As a general rule, if it doesn't sound better than what I can roll on my own I'm not interested. The only other factor is time, but it's GOT to be stuff that's useful!

With the exception of some new sample libraries, it's hard for me to justify a sound library anyway. I'm still digesting the factory sounds and what's available for free for the Kronos and Oasys. Between all of it, I can't see much that wouldn't either be in the ballpark or show me how to program what I need by dissecting it.

You know what I WOULD buy being in a cover band? Sounds that emulate special (playable) sounds from records new and old. Not the oddball stuff either. The popular stuff that practically EVERYONE (In WORKING bands) plays. Say a FULL bank of 128 sounds for each decade. 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's (Before the 70's most sounds are pretty straight forward) for $50 each decade. If it was done WELL, and at least half were songs I do or were in the plans for the future, I'd be on it in a heartbeat!

The last one is non sound effect "how did they do that?" kind of sounds that are truly unique. There was one sound on the electro demo that sounded kind of like the new Korn stuff that was really cool. However that was the only standout from the limited demo.

+1 to that Brotha!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: