Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

01W module for a future Legacy release?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnrC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh so painful Sad

If Korg won't do a proper/official version, what about these synth sampling apps... any good? Any that are particularly reliable?
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Me 2.

Wink

Kind regards.

My 01wfd is sorely missed. The sound effects were so cool on it!
Wish it could be a new soundset. Smile
hallygally

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally agree, I´m so unhappy without a 01/w. I would be #1 to buy such available as software.
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own an 01R/W with a complete card collection (PCM and Programs). But I love to own the Legacy version to use several combis at once and hopefully several multimode resonant filters and MDE-X quality fx or better. Also the Legacy Banks with new samples and drum kits.
Korg: Wavedrum/Mini/Global, MS-20m, Volca Beats/Bass/Key, Trinity Pro, Karma + Moss Board, 01R/W, Wavestation/SR/EX, microKORG XL, Kaossilator Pro, iKaossilator, Kaoss Pad Quad, Monotribe, Monotron/duo/delay, DS-10, Korg Collection V2, Korg Gadget, microKEY25
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JohnrC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there enough of us to constitute a petition that Korg might care about?
hallygally

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnrC wrote:
Are there enough of us to constitute a petition that Korg might care about?

How many are enough? It´s not a democratic process, it´s a business question...
JohnrC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enough to make Korg feel that it's a good business decision to release it Smile
Chriskk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jarek wrote : The 01/W sounds different than the Wavestation. The main reason is a wave shaping part in the 01/W sythesis engine.

LOL Did you ever play the 01/W? The wave shaping function is utterly useless. What it basically does is to add a bunch of harmonics in a chaotic manner. Most of time, the result is a disastrously uninteresting sonic mess. Of course, you can get some weird metalic tones if you are lucky. 99.99% of 01/W programs don't use it.
JohnrC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

?

The only reason I've been following, and contributing to, this thread is because I most certainly have played an 01W. The one I've owned since the early 90's.

The recordings made then, especially with its drums, are strong today. Many of their patches have a great way of blending in to a mix, while being able to stand out when necessary, unlike any other synths.

I don't much care 'how' it does that. Just that it does.
Jarek

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chriskk wrote: LOL Did you ever play the 01/W? The wave shaping function is utterly useless. What it basically does is to add a bunch of harmonics in a chaotic manner. Most of time, the result is a disastrously uninteresting sonic mess. Of course, you can get some weird metalic tones if you are lucky. 99.99% of 01/W programs don't use it.

I agree that if you arrange the parameters of a wave shaping haphazardly the result may be unpleasant. But if you spend with it some time the results could be amazing. The main reason I still own and use 01/Wpro (since 1995) is the Wave Shaping function. Unlike the ordinary ROMplayers this synthesizer never will be boring for me.

The only problem is that my 01/Wpro is not eternal. Thats why I give my vote to software version of this synth. For Korg's engineers it couldn't be a big trouble to add a wave shaping function and some samples to upgrade a M1:Legacy to M1-01/W:Legacy.
Mellontikos

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Hall wrote:
What does the O1/w offer (sound-wise) over the M1?

Sure, there are more patches, but as I understand it, the 01/w was basically more of the same M1 stuff - the engine had some synthesis improvements, and I'm sure there are more samples etc, but otherwise it seems pretty much more of the same.

So what extra would it bring to the Legacy Digital?

Out of the digital synths, it would seem a good choice to add to the Legacy Digital as it's close enough to the M1 to mean developing it wouldn't be a huge effort (compared so doing a software Trinity / Z1 / Oasys / Prophecy or even a modernised DW8000 or DSS1.

I guess if I was going to pick one Korg digital to add it would be the Z1 / Prophecy...

The Korg 01/W's primary advantage over the M1 were some of the samples that only appeared on that model.

If you look at your ROM samples on the 01/W, there's quite a few of them that never appeared on another Korg ROMPler. I haven't even seen them on the Kronos.

Off the top of my head I can give you some examples. I know there's more. For example: PianoPad1 is unique to the 01/W

There's a PianoPad1 and 2 on other Korgs, but it's not the same multisample, rather it seems to be from the T Series.

Then there was another called DWGS EP 2 that I've only seen on the 01/W (All Korgs I've seen have the well known DWGS EP 1).

There is another multisample called Aliabase, which I've never heard on later Korg synths either, and another one called Flute FX. There's another one called Gong 1 which is also unique to the 01/W.

Then there's the waveshaping feature, which is also unique to the 01/W.

So if Korg wanted to, they could include an 01/W upgrade to the M1 Legacy, which would include all the Programs and Combis of the 01/Wpro, the Waveshaping feature, and all the ROM multisamples that were unique to the 01/W, and they would have a killer system there.

I haven't purchased any Korg Legacy products because there's nothing on the M1 and the Wavestation that I crave for, but there's some great 01/W sounds that still have me keeping my old 01/W board around.

I would so purchase an M1 Legacy if it included the 01/W stuff (and all the expansion cards would be nice too Smile )
Mellontikos

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Korg??? Are you listening?

Release an 01/W upgraded M1 legacy please and I'll buy it!!

Heck I would buy a Kronos if you included all the M1 and 01/W Multisamples in it!!
Vadim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have korg abandoned Legacy collection?
korg, When are 01/w and trinity vsti gonna be out?
srbrown7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: O1W in Legacy Collection Reply with quote

I heartely agree with either the introduction of a standalone O1W or an upgraded M1 to O1W in the legacy collection. The O1W has fantastic Combo's that were unique along with other Multis' and programs. I still have mine after 20 years and it although I have, and used a miriad of other keyboards in a DAW environment, the KORG M1 and O1W have a clarity that stands out amougst them. Would be very happy to lay out another $50 for the O1W in what ever presence. How hard can it be!
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would MUCH RATHER see the rest of Legacy Collection being available to load in LegacyCell (imagine mixing up MS-20 and Wavestation, or Mono/Poly and M1, etc...), instead of 01/W which is nothing that exciting compared to M1 (IMHO). A better idea would be adding PCM data from 01/W and waveshaping function to M1, since not much else is different there.

Trinity in plugin form, now that would be something! (Along with MOSS, but that's a pipe dream.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: