Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Crash due to a faulty RH3...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rskeys

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Kronos Crash due to a faulty RH3... Reply with quote

I got a my kronos 73 a few days ago, i started to program some patches for a show, while cycling trough the patches with switch pedal the Kronos crashes and displays a message saying "Now resetting" but i have to turn it off so that i can play again.
Can this be related with CPU overload by number of notes and effects when i go from one patch to the her keeping my damper down?
I couldn't find any troubleshoot in manuals that regards to this problem.

Hope you guys have some hints on this matter.

Thanks,

Ricardo.

Last edited by Rskeys on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Crash!!! Reply with quote

Rskeys wrote:
I got a my kronos 73 a few days ago, i started to program some patches for a show, while cycling trough the patches with switch pedal the Kronos crashes and displays a message saying "Now resetting" but i have to turn it off so that i can play again.
Can this be related with CPU overload by number of notes and effects when i go from one patch to the her keeping my damper down?
I couldn't find any troubleshoot in manuals that regards to this problem.

Hope you guys have some hints on this matter.

Thanks,

Ricardo.

No keyboard should crash under those conditions. If you just got it, return it immediately for a replacement.
Rskeys

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Kronos Crash whilst cycling through sounds!!! Reply with quote

Well, this seems to be a bug with the setlist. I cycle through sounds just fine in the combi main page. But when i try to cycle trough the set list it just crashes.

I found a review from another user with the same problem...

http://www.tonylongmusic.co.uk/keyboards-and-modules/korg-kronos-workstation/

Yes this is fairly new unit, it's my third day with it. I hope i get some korg representative attencion about this, the problem with returning the unit is that i dont know how long a replacement will take,and i have several gigs coming up. It was incredibly dificult to get one in my country (Portugal)...
Hope this is realy a Bug and that it gets fixed with the update.

Help is much apreciated,

Thanks.

Ricardo
iixorbiusii

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like this used to happen to my M3 (and other people's too). As far as I recall, the whole M3 would freeze up and the words "Abort ARM CPU Catched" or something similar appeared on the LCD.

It happened when scrolling through certain sounds, either in Prog mode, or if I selected those sounds during sequencing, or making a combi.

I think I was finally able to get rid of this error by re-installing the internal sounds from within the M3's own built in functionality to do this, and then ensuring I didn't load any potentially corrupt backups prior to this.

I don't think it was ever really acknowledged by Korg - but I could be wrong here.

iix.
Rskeys

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Kronos Crash While cycling through sounds!!! Reply with quote

Well, i'm in the middle off formating and full install from factory Dvd's. I hope i can get this fixed this way. Anyways doesn't hurt to try, if i'm unsucessfull i'm sending it back Confused ...
I trust Korg will acknowledge this kind off issiues, i'm a first time user of korg but i think it's comon sense that an instrument as any other piece can at times have a defect.
I'm just disapointed i cant be playing it right now, this is a wonderfull instrument.

Still i put my faith in korg's team and the amazing users on this forum to help me troubleshoot this matter.

To all, thank you.

Ricardo
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Crash While cycling through sounds!!! Reply with quote

Rskeys wrote:
Well, i'm in the middle off formating and full install from factory Dvd's.

Your Kronos probably shipped with OS 1.0.4 - Restoring from the DVD will take you back to a previous OS (not 1.0.4!). But hopefully it shouldn't make much difference, but it might also reveal earlier OS bugs. At least 1.5 is on it's way.
Rskeys

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Crash While cycling through sounds!!! Reply with quote

Kronik wrote:
Rskeys wrote:
Well, i'm in the middle off formating and full install from factory Dvd's.

Your Kronos probably shipped with OS 1.0.4 - Restoring from the DVD will take you back to a previous OS (not 1.0.4!). But hopefully it shouldn't make much difference, but it might also reveal earlier OS bugs. At least 1.5 is on it's way.

Well right now i'm out off options, hope this get's the attencion of a korg rep, if this problem is OS related i dont mind waiting for the update...
Rskeys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Kronos Crash due to a faulty RH3... Reply with quote

Well after a format and full install from factory Dvd's i was very disapointed to realize that the problem remained, after a few minutes of playing i realized that the crash had nothing to do with OS or the sounds themselfes, any time i pressed hard on a key above C5 the keyboard would freeze and reboot...
Imediatly i contected the kronos via midi to another keyboard and on it i could play as hard as i wanted everything worked. So there must be something wrong with almost half of my kronos keybed.
Monday i'm returning it and hope they can repair it fast as my work depends on this machine and unfortunatly i dont think my dealer as a replacement kronos, getting this one was hard enouph... Sad

Bad luck.

Thank you all that replied to this thread.

Ricardo Silva
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a bad connection or broken solder joint.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: