Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

K88 Touchscreen Failure
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjmclendon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: 19 Oct 2011 - Week 2 Update - Fault Found! Reply with quote

Called the Korg Authorized Service shop in Raleigh, NC, USA for my weekly update. I was informed that the technician had determined that the touchscreen failure was due to a defective 'LCD Spacer'.

I was also informed that Korg USA has the part in stock and was shipping it to NC. I do not have a service manual for the instrument so I cannot say if the part has active or passive electronics and what the failure mode might have been. I will get the fault details from the technician later and post them here.

This is only the second Kronos serviced to date by this shop and the first instrument serviced had a very minor problem ( I was not told what that was).
mjmclendon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: 24 Oct 2011 - Week 3 Update - Fault Corrected! Reply with quote

mjmclendon wrote:
Called the Korg Authorized Service shop in Raleigh, NC, USA for my weekly update. I was informed that the technician had determined that the touchscreen failure was due to a defective 'LCD Spacer'.

I was also informed that Korg USA has the part in stock and was shipping it to NC. I do not have a service manual for the instrument so I cannot say if the part has active or passive electronics and what the failure mode might have been. I will get the fault details from the technician later and post them here.

Truncated...

Got a call from the Korg service shop today - the Kronos is repaired The LCD spacer was apparently missing and installing it fixed the problem. Without the spacer, the two resistive touchpanels rest on the separator bumps. Presumably, the bumps could no longer separate the two panels, they touched and the screnn became erratic and unresponsive.

I'm going to call this root cause, a display module manufacturing defect. It passed inspection because it worked just fine initially. It certainly is good to get it back and it plays just fine!!!
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very glad to hear it!
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: