Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is the menu button??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
l8rdood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Where is the menu button?? Reply with quote

I have both the Kronos and the Extreme. In the Extreme, I can adjust my parameters for where the patches start/stop on a particular key in the Combi mode(i.e. I want one sound to start from low "C" to middle C" & the other sound to start at D to last D). Where is the menu to do this? When I am in the Combi mode, there are so many tabs now that I am lost. Can any one help? Confused
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a Kronos at hand here, but it is in the Timbres part and then something with Key Zone/Vel. Zone if I remember right. You can find it in the parameters guide too.

You can then use ENTER + a key for start/end to set the range.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This part of the Operation Guide should be helpful:

Playing and Editing Combinations chapter -> Detailed Combination editing -> Layers, Splits, and Velocity Switches
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
l8rdood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Patch Reply with quote

That is exactly what I am talking about! Is that within the actual sound palette(Combi)?
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Patch Reply with quote

l8rdood wrote:
That is exactly what I am talking about! Is that within the actual sound palette(Combi)?

Yes, this is edited directly from within the Combi. The 4th tab from the left on the bottom is labeled "MIDI Filter/Zones". Press that tab and you'll see another set of 5 tabs; the 4th tab from the left directly above the black divider on the bottom is labeled "Keyboard Zones". That's the tab you're looking for.
Apart from the manual, I've found the Help button just to the right of the Seq button to be indispensible (especially if you can't get to a PDF viewer in time)!
With just a little bit of practice and some intrepid parameter exploring you'll be an expert in no time!

Cheers!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
l8rdood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I've gotten pretty use to the Triton. It has been gigged a few times and has proven to be road worthy! I'm treating my new Kronos as a baby so I do not feel it is ready to take its first steps outside for a while...maybe in a year? Thanks for your help Smile
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just need to spend some "quality time" with your Kronos like you did with your TE. It's pretty Intuitive if you just go through all the menus and stop and read everything on each tab. Just stop; take a deep breath, get a cup of coffee or a beer, and read all the variables. Screw the manual!!!! lol
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l8rdood wrote:
Thanks! I've gotten pretty use to the Triton. It has been gigged a few times and has proven to be road worthy! I'm treating my new Kronos as a baby so I do not feel it is ready to take its first steps outside for a while...maybe in a year? Thanks for your help Smile

You're most welcome. As long as you back up your originals and edits really well you'll find there's nothing to fear with tweaking around with anything inside the Kronos; my USB thumb drive practically lives in the rear panel!
As for gigging around with it: I'm with you on that one. I'm like Cameron's dad from Ferris Bueller- minus the diaper and the never touching it! Smile
Enjoy and happy tweaking!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: