Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG, WHY????? How much could you have saved?????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slovenec

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played both a K61 and K73 and like the respective actions of both (and I'm very fussy with my keyboard actions and hate the crappy plasticky feel of cheaper boards like the Korg Triton LE, TR, Roland Juno and Yamaha MO6).

I'm more than happy with an action that is like that of my old T3EX! That has an awesome unweighted action.
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrricky rrrecordo wrote:
aron wrote:
For me, the keyboard action for synth that set the standard is the Yamaha DX7. That action has stood the test of time and just happens to be very good feeling.

I agree, the DX7 did set the standard. I think Kawai surpassed that standard in the K5000s (which sits right beside the DX7 in my studio). Both of those instruments are built like bunkers, which might contribute something to the overall feel that we players seem to like.

It's a bummer that the DX7 won't transmit velocities over 100 in controller duties.

Imo those 2 keybeds belong to different categories.

I have a K5000W sitting above an EX5 in my studio, and I agree that the Kawai has the best non weighted action, but I still prefer the semi-weighted action of the FS keyboard (DX7, EX5, Motif, Motif ES, Trinity, Triton, Oasys 76) for the reasons explained here.

And on the EX5 it can generate the full MIDI velocity range
korgistan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty happy with the Keys myself.. nothing's perfect I guess
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to know the real standard for rubbish semi-weighted keys? Try the Korg M50. I'd briefly considered the M50 because of its light weight, but just a few minutes of playing it I was horrified at how awful it felt.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randelph wrote:
You want to know the real standard for rubbish semi-weighted keys? Try the Korg M50. I'd briefly considered the M50 because of its light weight, but just a few minutes of playing it I was horrified at how awful it felt.

Actually I think the Kronos61 is better than M50 but played the M50 also for some years and didn't had problems playing it.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: