Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iKaossilator ipad iOS 5.01 performance issue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robman84

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: iKaossilator ipad iOS 5.01 performance issue? Reply with quote

Upgraded to iOS 5.01 on my iPad 1. Now iKaossilator records with terrible jumpiness, meaning the smooth movements now become big jerky steps. Seems ok on my iPhone 3GS with 5.01

Tried killing all apps and doing a restart, and turned off gestures in case that was eating CPU but no change.

Anyone experiencing the same?
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, another rob over here.

I use the iK every time my friend comes over to jam with me. I do notice that it doesn't always playback the way you record. Not sure if this is the same issue you are having.

I dont know...as much as I like it, there's something amiss about the sound quality of the programs. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but it feels a bit "cheap" compared to the sound of the real things. But what can you expect for 10 bucks, eh?
robman84

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgraded to version 2 which is awesome but still has the same problem. On my 3gs iphone it is smooth as silk when recording but the ipad records motion with terrible motion, like it's only about 3 or 4 events per second, and thus sounds terrible too. Can anyone with an ipad on 5.01 try recording some fast but smooth motion on ikaossilator and see if it plays back properly. Built in tracks play fine and you can see that the motion is smooth.

Thanks

Rob
robman84

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved! Somehow I had managed to turn on quantizing in the tempo section (didn't even know it was there!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: