Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Record bug in iKaossilator- can anyone replicate?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buzzToronto

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Record bug in iKaossilator- can anyone replicate? Reply with quote

I have a 3GS with ios5. Can anyone with this setup please confirm this bug:

Launch ikaossilator on your iPhone 3GS running iOS5

Go into record mode with a long loop length and a cleared part on solo. So all you hear is the part being recorded over say four bars 64/16.

Tap the screen for short notes, making sure the finger bounces quickly back of the screen. I get false triggers in stacatto fashion- what sounds like two to four extra notes added to the occasional single tap. Sometimes also accompanied by ghost hits (with the glow showing) in the bottom left hand corner of the pad area when I never tapped there

This strange behavior with short tapped notes only occurs in record mode, not in play mode.

Can anyone else confirm?

I have informed korg iOS apps about the issue via their ios apps Facebook page but no word on if they recognize the bug or are going to fix it

Cheers,

Gary
Malfunkt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Bug Replicated! Reply with quote

Hi there,

iKaossilator is pretty cool, but I started noticing this bug when I was recording.. It throws in a note in the bottom left corner of the X-Y pad. I haven't noticed any other issues than this, though I'm a bit perplexed at the 'Loop Quantize' function, as it doesn't appear to be doing anything! Could just be me though, but I tried all sorts of settings. The Quantize definitely works, but maybe I'm missing what this is supposed to do.

Anyhow its pretty fun, I wish there was a way just to enter in 'blank notes', so you could erase bad notes.

iPhone 4S running iOS 5.01

Also, I had read about this bug in an iTunes review, I believe on the Canadian store.
buzzToronto

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you for verifying this bug!

I hope it's something that can be fixed...

Cheers,

Gary
buzzToronto

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Quanitze Reply with quote

Update- the bug seems to go away when quantize is OFF in the tempo settings page.

Still, the apps should still be have as expected when quantize is ON.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: