Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NAMM coming soon
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: NAMM coming soon Reply with quote

I'm wondering if we will be treated to another version of wavedrum? I'm hopeful!
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Just the mini.

I was thinking about doing a running blog, of sorts, while at NAMM this year.
Not sure if anyone is interested or not but I could post daily updates from the show. There are usually a lot of drummers that come by the booth. I dug through my notes and came up with some of the names of players that checked out the Wavedrum over the past couple of years.

Pat Mastellato
Peter Erskine
Steve Smith
Will Kennedy
Richie Garcia
Alex Acuna
Efrain Toro
Jonathan Moffett
Narada Michael Walden
Lenny Castro
Carmine and Vinnie Appice
Horacio Hernandez
Robin Dimaggio
Aldo Mazza
Jeff Ochletree

Oh, and two others!
Herbie Hancock and...

Stevie Wonder!

Lenny Castro joins in the fun.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I think that would be most excellent! And appreciated!
Merry Christmas! Bertotti
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I have actually been a bit disappointed finding no new WD this year. Guess maybe I'll save for the 57 renown kit instead, all I have now are come cymbals the WD and 2 snares, my sons 8" my 13" piccolo pearl and a WD. Would be nice have a actually kit! A new maple Catalina wouldn't be bad either!
springvloed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be also/more disappointed if there was a new WD with more possibilities for less money which would devaluate my WD.
Better go for a decent update (if possible)
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I personally could care less if a new powerful WD came out. I see mine as perfectly useful and incredible even if a new one came out. I wouldn't care if the value went down several hundred dollars! I would just buy several more!

I was thinking a wavedrum with a set up similar to a hand sonic but with a lot of algos would be kind of cool! Samples and loops are good but without the algorithms I dont think I would be to interested.
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I head out tomorrow (6:20am flight Mad ) but I'm not so sure that I'll have much to update you guys on. It doesn't seem like the Wavedrum is going be taking center stage this year (literally and figuratively) but I'll have to wait and see.

I'll try to take a look around at other things as well, especially that new Nord product. It's really hard to cover much ground at NAMM though. It just gets SO congested and overrun with people that getting around during show hours is nearly impossible if you only have a small window of time. Before the show opens to the public is the only way to see anything, but often, the people who can answer your questions, simply aren't around. After the show closes for the day they are pretty strict about clearing people out of the convention center, so even that doesn't provide a good opportunity.

Either way, I'll let you know what's going on, be it Wavedrum-related or not. Let me know if there's something in particular you'd like me to check out. I won't promise anything because my free time is usually so limited, but I'll certainly try.

Next stop, Anaheim...
martygras

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit, having the Wavedrum and the Handsonics provide me with the best of all worlds because they complement each other. I'm having so much fun and have access to all the sounds I need that I haven't used my Octapad or TrapKat for quite a while.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TA nord drum module. Some more info out there says it has midi in and out and four zones for pads etc! Sounds interesting. Thanks!
springvloed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demo here
http://www.norddrum.com/
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha I just checked there an hour ago and it still wasn't up! You must be watching as closely as I am!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I wasn't overwhelmed by the demo but I did like it.I was kind of hoping it would take some acoustic signal in for processing but it seems as if it is just triggering. I guess my desire to own will be based on price point. If it is close to a WD I am not sure I wouldn't buy the WD. I need to hear more samples on better speakers. Now to wait for a price.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Internet says around 499 US. I think that is a bit steep.
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long day today, even though it was just a setup day.
As usual, the convention center is a beehive of forklifts, cranes and union laborers. It dangerous around here! Gotta have eyes in the back of your head if you're wandering around. It's such a massive project to get all these booths up and running by tomorrow. 12 hours from now, somehow, everything will be magically transformed and ready to go before the doors open to the public at 10:00am.

The Wavedrum Mini will be presented along with the new versions of the Mini Kaosspad (Mini-KP-2) and the new Kaossilator2. Small and portable seems to be the theme this year.

I took a very quick look at the NORD. It was much smaller than I anticipated from those pre-release pics. My internet connection here is a bit weak so I can't even watch that linked video yet. I can't say that I entirely understand just what it is that they're bringing to the market that is unique. I look forward to finding out though.

Elsewhere, there seems to be some sort of trigger device that has been developed in concert with Aquarian drumheads — a drumhead trigger of sorts (kind of). I'll look into that further when their booth is properly setup.

Zildjian putting a lot of energy into the GEN16 Acoustic/Electric cymbals again this year. Russ Miller will be demo-ing at the booth throughout the weekend.

That's really all I have for the moment. 'till my next installment...
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: