Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Korg M3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Update: 0.4.0.139

As written before, I have a new update (thanks to the vacation I had more time).

Lots of new items this time so I hope it helps everybody to manage their PCG files even more easy than before.

Below I added screen shots and additional info.

Timbres Window

With the menu, tool bar or button, when one (or more) combi(s) are selected, you can see a timbres window.

It shows the most important timbres. And you can even do some tricks with it, like:

Move Down: Moves one (or more) selected timbres down
Move Up: Moves one (or more) selected timbres up
Clear: Clears the timbres, not only the mute setting but also several other parameters so you can see immediately in several screens that this timbre is muted.

It is not possible to move patches down or copy/paste while a combi window of that PCG is visible (it would result in a mess).

Changes are automatically performed in the PCG file (not saved though), but the PCG window will show an asterix (dirty flag) to show the contents has been changed, so you will not accidentally close a PCG window without saving.

Also if you close the PCG window, all its combi windows are closed automatically.

Edit Set List Name (Kronos only)
Already patch names could be changed, but now also set list names can be changed, and also the set list name is shown in the PCG window.

Small improvements:
Earlier compacting patches was already possible when only one patch was selected which is not really useful, so I changed it to 'at least two' patches. For banks, only 1 selected is enough because all patches within the selected bank(s) will be compacted.

The Long Combi Content List shows marks if GM of unpresent programs are referred to by combis.

Donate button

I have spend quite some time working on this app, so if you find it useful, think about this option.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Athena Music Studio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michel !

It seems that i have a problem with your app. Until now, i only used it without my synth. The app itself orks well.

But when i try to import a file i have modified into my M3, i've got the "file unavailable" message.

More details : if i open a file in PCG tools then save it without doing any modification under another name, then i can load it into the M3.

But as soon as i do a modification, whatever it is (clearing, copying, pasting..) the synth display the message when i try to access or load a modified bank. Unmodified banks can still load.

Hope it can help Smile

Cédric
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athena Music Studio wrote:
Hi Michel !

It seems that i have a problem with your app. Until now, i only used it without my synth. The app itself orks well.

But when i try to import a file i have modified into my M3, i've got the "file unavailable" message.

More details : if i open a file in PCG tools then save it without doing any modification under another name, then i can load it into the M3.

But as soon as i do a modification, whatever it is (clearing, copying, pasting..) the synth display the message when i try to access or load a modified bank. Unmodified banks can still load.

Hope it can help Smile

Cédric

I got one time before a similar post. I just found out I made earlier a bug for the Kronos but fixing this cannot be the problem for the M3 (at least, not as I know of).

It helps you report this problem, however I don't have enough info to check what the problem is.

To reproduce the problem I would need to know exactly what you did and you probably don't know that.

In case you have a PCG file that works and one with not many changes that doesn't work than I might be able to reproduce it.

For now, it's best to not to make too many changes and check it regularly on your M3 if the file works. If not, send the latest working version and not working version so I can check the differences. Also please write exactly what you did during those last actions if possible.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but since I don't have an M3 myself I cannot check it. I will try to do some test on my M50 (which is somewhat similar).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New update: 0.4.1.140

Kronos bugs solved
Sorry not interesting for you guys (and girls).
These bugs do not solve the M3 bug described above, I will look into it asap.

Window size
For people using laptops or notebooks with a small screen: when making a window smaller and close it, the next time it will open in that same size, so you don't need to make the windows smaller every time you open a PCG window or a combi window.

Updated bar sync
And also when a combi window is shown, the status bar is now showing the data of the accompanied PCG file.

Below the full changes:
Code:

0.4.1.140  15-Jan-2012  Improv:  Windows are opened at the same size as when closed the previous time.
                        Improv:  Updates status bar with PCG info from a focused PCG window/combi window.
                        Bug Fix: Prevent crash when combi banks selected in PCG window when I-A is not present (Kronos only).
                        Bug Fix: Prevent crash/corrupt file for OS1.5 PCG files after moving/compacting patches (Kronos only).

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta tester requested:

I heard there are some problems with PCG files on the Korg M3. I tried to reproduce it on my Korg M50 since I don't have a M3 myself but everything seems to work fine here.

So I would like to ask if someone would be interested to do some testing for me, meaning to load at first 5-10 PCG files and check which work and which do not work (can be seen in an instance). It takes about 15 minutes but probably has to be repeated several times during some week until I found the correct/complete solution.

Greetings Michel

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Yatrix for info and Athena Music Studio for testing I can already publish a fix this week so that you can use PCG Tools for M3 without being afraid of getting a file that gives a 'file unavailable' error.

It seems that for the new PCG version (> 2.0.0.0) Korg has implemented a checksum. The solution is to set the version to 2.0.0.0.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New update: 0.4.2.144

M3 'File unavailable' problem solved
In some/most cases when changing M3 patches by moving them up/down or compacting the file could not be read anymore on an M3 (it shows a 'file unavailable' error. This has been fixed now.

Note: this fix is only useful for M3 owners.

Complete history:
Code:

0.4.2.144  18-Jan-2012  Bug Fix: Prevent M3 PCG files showing 'file unavailable' (M3 only).

Last edited by michelkeijzers on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Athena Music Studio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your work, Michel !
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athena Music Studio wrote:
Thanks for your work, Michel !

You're welcome, however it seems there is another bug related to drum patterns being corrupted (as written in the email I send to everyone on the update list).

I'm busy sorting it out. I got a notification from someone but I cannot reproduce it myself ... are there others having problems with corrupted M3 PCG files after changing them with PCG Tools?

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My next feature on PCG Tools will be showing a list of songs inside a SNG file (and add more features for SNG later).

However, in the download section there are no song files.

If someone has a song he doesn't mind sending, please email it to me so I can use it to check if I can read it.

Thanks in advance, Michel

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New update: 0.5.0.148

Support for SNG (Sequencer songs) files
In this intermediate update, for the first time SNG files (created by the sequencer) can be read. Its functionality is not that big, but it is a start for more features regarding these files.

As can be seen in the following screen shot, the song (names) inside the SNG file can be shown and the used samples. I hope this helps you with easy viewing the most important information of your SNG files.

In the next update I hope to show which programs are used but this will take a lot of effort.

See the screenshot below for the the new screen (consisting of two tabs).

Multiple file selection
Multiple PCG or SNG files can be selected. Since it can take some time to load multiple large files a wait cursor is shown. Also for saving files a wait cursor has been added.

Already opened message improved
Now the file name of a file that is loaded multiple times is shown only once and the file name is shown.

File saving improved
Previously, a file could always be saved. Now this is only possible if the file has really changed.

The status bar shows the Triton model and file type (PCG or SNG)
It shows now PCG or SNG. Also for Tritons, a specific name is shown (like Triton LE, Triton Extreme etc). Files can still be copied from one Triton/Karma PCG to another.

Copy/paste/move up/down and compacting has been increased
It might be possible that this feature is very slow ... I removed some unnecessary print statement but I'm not sure if it has affected a version in the past.

Prevented unnecessary warnings when a file is already opened.
When the same file is already opened 3 times and is opened again, previously 3 warning messages were shown. This is reduced to only 1.

Below the full changes:
Code:

0.5.0.148  25-Jan-2012  Feature: Show song names of a SNG file.
                        Feature: Show used samples/sample files of a SNG file.
                        Improv:  Added two columns for set list slots: Timbre ID and name where it refers to. (Kronos only).
                        Improv:  Multiple files can be selected in the open dialog window.
                        Improv:  A wait cursor is shown while opening/saving files.
                        Improv:  When opening a file that is already opened, the file name is displayed with an info message.
                        Improv:  PCG file can only be saved if it has been changed (asterix symbol is shown).
                        Improv:  Status bar shows active file type (PCG or SNG).
                        Improv:  Status bar shows Triton model (i.e. LE, Extreme etc). Copy/Paste Triton in family works.
                        Bug Fix: Increased speed of copy/paste/move up/down and compact functions.
                        Bug Fix: Prevented unneccessary warnings of the same file being already opened.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta testers requested:

Because I made lots of internal changes and some small improvements/bug fixes in around a month time I would be glad if others would take some time to test (certain) areas of this application.

See
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=70251

If you are interested, please let me know.
Also if you are interested in proofreading the manual.

In case there are multiple people who like to test for the same workstation, I will split the functionality (and believe me, there is enough to test for everybody).

Thanks in advance.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who are already using the application or want to know more about the working of every function and setting: the manual for PCG Tools can be downloaded at:

www.korgforums.com/support/kronos/Manual%20PCG%20Tools.pdf

The manual is from Version 0.9 BETA while the (latest) application is 0.1.5 but functionally it is more or less equal. I hope to upgrade both the manual and application soon to 1.0.0 and continue to add functionaly afterwards.

There are lots of screen shots, tips and examples.

(Thanks to Sharp for upload, including future uploads for the manual).

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Update

PCG Tools 1.0.0

Finally, after about two and a half month since the last update I think it is time to get this application out of beta stage.

The application has been betatested and after not getting serious bug reports and fixed some issues I think it is safe to publish the application. However as always: please report bugs and issues and always make sure you have a backup.

Below is a full list of changes, there are no real features, except for the manual which is already published by Sharp (Thanks Sharp!) and hopefully he will upload the new version of the manual soon.

The counter of users is currently almost 450. Thanks for all the nice mails I have received until now.

The next topic to be covered will be cut & paste (as opposed to copy & paste). I expect the next update will not take another 2,5 months.

Kind regards,

Michel

Code:
1.0.0.150  10-Apr-2012  Feature: Created a PDF manual (see www.korgforums.com/support/kronos/Manual%20PCG%20Tools.pdf).
                        Improv:  Replaced shortcut keys help page with link to manual.
                        Improv:  Changed the icon and logo in the about window to the new design (created by Mathieu Maes).
                        Improv:  Added people and changes text in the about window.
                        Improv:  Initial PCG/Song window size reduced to 400x300.
                        Improv:  Defined minimum sizes for scalable windows to prevent distortion.
                        Improv:  More shortcut keys are shown after menu items which already had a shortcut key.
                        Improv:  Windows can be closed with Ctrl+F4.

Improv:  Improved text of an information copy/paste window.
                        Improv:  New external links added to PCGTools@KorgForums, korg.com, Keller12 and Kronoscopie.
                        Improv:  Added error icon and default caption for several error/warning dialog windows.
                        Improv:  All relevant dialog type windows are now centered in the middle of the application.
                        Improv:  Improved checking for duplicated open files (case insensitive now).
                        Bug Fix: Multiple items can be selected by keyboard in a correct way.
                        Bug Fix: After moving up/down patches, extending a keyboard selection works correctly.
                        Bug Fix: Fixed a formatting problem in the table output of the differences list.
                        Bug Fix: Usage of return/line feeds in set list descriptions fixed (Kronos only).
                        Bug Fix: Prevented crash when double clicking a non combi bank (in certain conditions).
                        Bug Fix: Shown more timbre parameters for GM programs in combi window.
                        Bug Fix: Fixed typo in the copy/paste Exit warning dialog.
                        Bug Fix: Prevented several crashes related to copy/paste between incomplete PCG files.                  
                        Bug Fix: For a long Combi Content List, filtered program banks are now taken into account.
                        Bug Fix: Prevented GM programs being shown in Programs Usage List when Favorite filtering is enabled.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG Tools 1.0.1: because the command for Move Up and Move Down were broken, a bug fix is performed.

However, another issue has been introduced which cannot be solved yet (see Known Issues List at http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=410864#410864).

Also, until further notice the Move Up and Move Down commands only are active when exactly one patch is selected.

I will now concentrate on new functionality, since the Move Up and Move Down commands are now usable again.

Below is the complete list of changes:

Code:

1.0.1.167  18-Apr-2012  Improv:  Added Karo to External links window.
                        Bug Fix: To prevent issues, move up/down patches only works for single selection.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: