Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaossilator, microsampler and padkontrol together?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonidude

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Kaossilator, microsampler and padkontrol together? Reply with quote

I understand I should be hooking my kaossilator pro to my microsampler via midi so the kaossilator can set the beat. Microsampler can probably follow kaossilator if I run patterns off of it - right?

Now, if I were to add a padkontrol to this mix, how would it work? The microsampler only has one midi in... How could I hook these three up, so both the tempo is sync as well as I could launch microsampler samples through the padkontrol?
tonidude

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaossilator, microsampler and padkontrol together? Reply with quote

Actually, can I just hook a kaossilator pro midi out -> padkontrol -> microsampler? Will this sync the tempos of both kaossilator and microsampler?

I'd really like to know before purchasing any of this gear...
korakios

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Kaossilator, microsampler and padkontrol together? Reply with quote

tonidude wrote:
Actually, can I just hook a kaossilator pro midi out -> padkontrol -> microsampler? Will this sync the tempos of both kaossilator and microsampler?

I'd really like to know before purchasing any of this gear...

It depends on padkontrol.If it has the ability to pass via midi thru the midi clock.But you could try this
pk ->kspro -> ms (kspro master and midi thru enabled) OR
pk ->ms ->kspro (ms master and midi thru enabled).
mojofunk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a midi thru is not present on the device, many products are stingy about what information they echo at their output. I have a few 4 way splitters and a few 2 way mergers, by Midi Solutions ( http://www.midisolutions.com/ ) that have solved all my communication problems. Midi clock is generally passed through on most devices.
tonidude

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojofunk wrote:
If a midi thru is not present on the device, many products are stingy about what information they echo at their output. I have a few 4 way splitters and a few 2 way mergers, by Midi Solutions ( http://www.midisolutions.com/ ) that have solved all my communication problems. Midi clock is generally passed through on most devices.

Just to update after now playing with all the mentioned products (and a Korg R3 in the chain as well!), microsampler passes midi clock through its midi out so all is good. It also seemed to keep the pattern sequencer and triggered loops in sync for even longer times.

Although, of course, it doesn't start the pattern sequencer on the count of one (the same as kaossilator). So if you actually would want to run microsampler synchronised with other sources, it's nearly impossible (you have to manually press play on the pattern sequencer exactly when you want to start it, there's no "launch quantisation" where you could start the pattern sequencer e.g. just at the end of the bar and it would launch in the beginning of the next bar)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: