Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Behringer FCB1010 Midi Footswitch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRedZac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathieumaes wrote:
Sorry, but I can't seem to make heads or tails of this...

I've been reading the manual, and it appears you can only send CC data when changing a patch...

I want to do something similar like the OP... Have Rotary controls, and sustain switches... Can anyone tell me how I can do this ? Do I need to buy that UnO firmware update for this to work, or should this be possible with the original firmware ?

Turn off "Direct Select" first of all. Then of course, you programm each switch on the board with Midi CC... After this, by pressing one of the switches, it should send a CC. Test this and if not working well, then you need the Uno Eprom (which I would buy anyway, since it adds a lot of functionality for these 16 Euro...)
Digital Mixers only from Yamaha

http://www.mediacoustics.eu

You smoke electric cigarettes ? - Looking for the best liquid to refill them ? - See this:

http://www.steamshop24.eu
mathieumaes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRedZac wrote:

Turn off "Direct Select" first of all. Then of course, you programm each switch on the board with Midi CC... After this, by pressing one of the switches, it should send a CC. Test this and if not working well, then you need the Uno Eprom (which I would buy anyway, since it adds a lot of functionality for these 16 Euro...)

To use a sustain pedal, I believe you need to send another CC message when releasing the pedal, which it won't do...
MRedZac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathieumaes wrote:
MRedZac wrote:

To use a sustain pedal, I believe you need to send another CC message when releasing the pedal, which it won't do...

OK, this is the proof... You definetly need the UNO Chip, cause only with this, you can switch from latch mode (which you have now) to momentary (CC only active, as long as you tap the switch)...

You smoke electric cigarettes ? - Looking for the best liquid to refill them ? - See this:

BrickPilot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathieumaes wrote:

I've been reading the manual, and it appears you can only send CC data when changing a patch...

I want to do something similar like the OP... Have Rotary controls, and sustain switches... Can anyone tell me how I can do this ? Do I need to buy that UnO firmware update for this to work, or should this be possible with the original firmware ?

As far as FCB is concerned, every time you mash a pedal, you're selecting a new preset. What the FCB actually sends via MIDI is up to you. Could be CC #64 (damper pedal), or CC #1 (JY+, generally the rotary toggle). I don't believe you need uNO to do this. If you don't already have it, download and use Ed Dixon's FCB1010 PC Editor. Programming the FCB using the pedalboard itself is torture.
MRedZac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrickPilot wrote:
mathieumaes wrote:

As far as FCB is concerned, every time you mash a pedal, you're selecting a new preset. What the FCB actually sends via MIDI is up to you. Could be CC #64 (damper pedal), or CC #1 (JY+, generally the rotary toggle). I don't believe you need uNO to do this. If you don't already have it, download and use Ed Dixon's FCB1010 PC Editor. Programming the FCB using the pedalboard itself is torture.

The problem is, that original Behringer Firmware - as far as I know - cannot switch between latch and momentary... Means especially for damper, that the CC#64 is send for as long, until you tap another switch with CC#64 Value 0 or you alterate between 127 and 0, means you will have to tap the same switch twice - once for damper on and a second time for damper off...
With UNO you can setup only to send CC#64 as long as you tap the switch and it stops sending it, if you release it... (Like a real damper pedal)

BrickPilot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRedZac wrote:
BrickPilot wrote:
mathieumaes wrote:

The problem is, that original Behringer Firmware - as far as I know - cannot switch between latch and momentary... Means especially for damper, that the CC#64 is send for as long, until you tap another switch with CC#64 Value 0 or you alterate between 127 and 0, means you will have to tap the same switch twice - once for damper on and a second time for damper off...
With UNO you can setup only to send CC#64 as long as you tap the switch and it stops sending it, if you release it... (Like a real damper pedal)

Riiiiiiiiiight. I forgot about that. I'm not using the stompbox mode, but indeed the momentary mode is essential for making this controller AWESOME.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrickPilot wrote:
MRedZac wrote:
BrickPilot wrote:
mathieumaes wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiight. I forgot about that. I'm not using the stompbox mode, but indeed the momentary mode is essential for making this controller AWESOME.

It's quite cheap and the guy I ordered it from is really nice, gives also replies to emails etc.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mathieumaes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's a cheap solution that I'm willing to try, I ordered it yesterday.

Next challenge will be programming the device, since I currently don't have access to MIDI ports for my PC at the moment. I've moved in with my parents-in-law temporarily, most of my stuff is in storage ...
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathieumaes wrote:
Yeah, it's a cheap solution that I'm willing to try, I ordered it yesterday.

Next challenge will be programming the device, since I currently don't have access to MIDI ports for my PC at the moment. I've moved in with my parents-in-law temporarily, most of my stuff is in storage ...

Did you also order the Uno chip?
Programming it without a PC is really a 'challenge'.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mathieumaes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:

Did you also order the Uno chip?
Programming it without a PC is really a 'challenge'.

Yes, I ordered the chip. Already got the foot controller...

The challenge will be "finding a friend who has a USB-MIDI interface" Smile
Nightale

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to revive an old post, but I can't seem to find anywhere if it's possible to assign some FCB1010 switches to trigger the Kronos' chord pads? Is UNO mandatory in this case?

Thx!
MRedZac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightale wrote:
Sorry to revive an old post, but I can't seem to find anywhere if it's possible to assign some FCB1010 switches to trigger the Kronos' chord pads? Is UNO mandatory in this case?

Thx!

I think yes

BrickPilot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightale wrote:

Thx!

Yes, you can absolutely do this (I do), and no you do not need uNO. I have several pedals (depending on my bank) set to use some of the C0-G#0 range and then assign those as the chord triggers. I also have pedal 5 as my damper and 4 as either Program advance or Karma advance. Pedal 3 is my JY+. Just an example.
Nightale

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, this should be edited and added in the OP Smile
laandodeman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already use my midi in with a Roland PK5 (directed to one channel on which I programmed a Taurus sound with the AL1).

Is it possible to use the FCB1010 alongside with the PK5, by using a midi through or something like that?

Is it possible to use the FCB1010 to select "program up" and "program down"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: