Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official gigbag or flightcase???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Official gigbag or flightcase??? Reply with quote

I'm due to be gigging soon with the SV in tow,normally I would have bought a suitable flightcase as I never really trust the gig bags however I'm contemplating getting the official Korg gigbag for transporting my SV does anyone in here gig with the SV and if so do you have the gigbag and if so do you feel it's suitable and durable enough for carrying the SV in others words is it up to the job,given the new price of the gigbag personally would rather spend a little more to get a flightcase but given the weight of the SV would rather try and not add to the overall weight.

Any comments/feedback/experience would be welcomed
dbt23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Official gigbag or flightcase??? Reply with quote

I recently bought the offical gig bag. It is well made and 'wraps' the SV1 pretty closely. I've had a keyboard in the past go down an outside flight of stairs on a snowy nite. It was in one of the older anvil syle road cases. No damage.

Not sure this gig bag would give that type of protection. Flight cases typically have some type of foam that adds a shock capability. Additionally the external cover (as you likely are aware) are of some tyically harder material. If you're able to somewhat carefully handle the official gig bag with the SV1 it would probably work.

The rollers on the bag are handy, however where they attached, the 'skid' portion on the back is only about 3 inches. At typical 'rise' to stairs is around 8 inches. Having a longer 'skid' just above the wheels on future bag designs would likely extend the life of the bag. I believe it has the shorter length to accomodate someone carrying the stand in a pouch that is provided on the back of the bag.
stevekane

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg gigs bags offer good protection but if you are worried about 'accidents' as with your stair encounter a good alteranative could be a roto moulded case, not as heavy or expensive as a full blown flight case but offer better protection than a bag.

If you in the states try SKB CASES or in Europe try 3D FLIGHT CASES

Happy hunting
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the replies..

I've always used Flightcases for transporting any of my synths to gigs in the past,as the priority of saving damage vs weight reduction was never a question, but considered the bag to help reduce some of the weight given the SV weighs about 17kg on its own,The SV is quite light compared to the Roland Stage piano I had previously,which was a whopper to carry but hoped the bag may give it some decent protection and reduce the lifting load seeing as its only a few one offs at the moment and will be myself and a female singer,in the past always had butch band members to help plus I never provided my own PA/lighting just my 2 synths and Mixer so I have lot more to contend with Logistically this time around

for the upcoming gigs I will be using a Triton Extreme 76 note which is flightcased and a Phonic Roadgear 260 mobile PA(which packs away into a suitcase style and have used this for years and its built like a tank)as well as a lighting truss and several scanners/lights/DMX Controller which also are flightcased so looked at the SV gigbag as an alternative,and because this will be the first time gigging with the SV so have yet to buy a suitable case for it,As these gigs are one one offs at the moment,bag was a cheaper solution but if it becomes a bit more regular then thinking a flightcase might be a more better longterm investment,rather than have to buy one eventually down the road costing me more in the long run.

I'm not a fan of those SKB Plastic types and have always used semi or full flight cases,usually bespoke to my requirements rather than an off the shelf universal type
I can get a flightcase made for the SV for about £150,given the bag cost some £90 I think the extra £60 is maybe worth it for that extra peace of mind.
silhouettemedia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Gig Bag for SV188? Reply with quote

Is there a gig bag for the SV1-88? I can't find reference to anything but the 73 key version. If there is such a bag, where do I buy it?

TIA...
oy5t3h

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon? http://www.amazon.com/Korg-CARRY-ROLLING-BAG-SV188/dp/B0039D81VU
gelstudios

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 88-key version is called the CBSV188
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: