Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Korg Triton Rack
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: PCG Tools for Korg Triton Rack Reply with quote

Altough I have not fully tested it, I am convinced it works with most PCGs from this Korg model too. But I hope it can be useful for you too.

It might be possible that bank names are not reflected the real banks tough.

This FREE tool is a librarian (not having all functionality yet since it is under development) and can generate lots of useful lists.

For info about the app and how to receive it follow the link in my signature.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: PCG Tools 0.2.2.80 Reply with quote

A new version of PCG Tools. Loading multiple PCGs is a job I will do (much) later, but there is a new features and some improvements: some buttons have been replaced by a menu and toolbar to make space for future additions easier and to have a bit more professional look.

And now it's possible to select MULTIPLE programs, combis or set list slots to move up and down inside a bank.

Also some small bug fixes. Below is the complete list.

Code:

0.2.2.80    12-Sep-2011 Feature: Select multiple programs and combis for moving up/down.
                        Improv:  Added menu and moved buttons to menu.
                        Improv:  Added About window.
                        Improv:  Show set lists that have changed names or with non default set list slots (-> I-A000)
                        Improv:  Changed warning text for Differences List.
                        Bug Fix: Fixed exception in Differences list with 'To' option in set lists filtering.
                        Bug Fix: Fixed Initial Programs radio button selected when only set lists contained in PCG.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Update 0.2.3.118 Reply with quote

New update:

A lot of small improvements and main feature to open multiple PCGs at the same time. You cannot perform actions on multiple PCGs (such as copying from one to another), but I thought it was already interesting enough to publish. Also a new status bar showing info about the currently selected PCG and improved closing behavior is added.

Code:

0.2.3.118   24-Sep-2011 Feature: Open multiple PCG files at the same time.
                        Feature: Added Status bar showing the amount of programs, combis and set list slots and banks in the PCG.
                        Feature: Added Status bar field showing the Korg model type of the loaded PCG.
                        Feature: Added Revert to Saved menu option (undo changes).
                        Improv:  Replaced Combo box for bank/set list selection by list view.
                        Improv:  Moved Label with loaded PCG file name flag to the title bar.
                        Improv:  Added dirty flag (meaning PCG file has changed) as * to the title bar.
                        Improv:  Added warning when closing the app or close a changed PCG.
                        Improv:  Added Move Up and Move Down to Actions menu.
                        Improv:  Changed the default list generator sort order from alphabetical to type/bank/index.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took a few weeks but finally a new update is available. Below is the total list of changes, but some extra words (read: advertisement) is proper:

With this patch you can COPY program (banks) and combi (banks). When you copy combis, the programs being used are also copied. You can copy within a PCG but you also can
copy from one PCG to another PCG ... meaning it's finally a bit more mature as a librarian.

Also some other changes are made: you can select one or more banks OR one or more patches. Use the Shift or Control key for multiple selections.

Take a look at the copy/paste settings first and read the help text (help button) because copy/paste works a bit more difficult than in e.g. a word processor (since this copy/paste copies complete 'structures').

Code:
0.2.4.120    6-Oct-2011 Feature: Copy programs inside a PCG or to another PCG.
                        Feature: Copy combis inside a PCG or to another PCG while copying the used programs together.
                        Feature: Copy set list slots inside a PCG or to another PCG while copying the used programs and combis together.
                        Improv:  Commands in windows depend on selection of bank/patch selection list view.
                        Improv:  Added column in banks for content type (Program bank shows Sampled/Modeled programs).
                        Improv:  Added column in patches for Description (showing set list slot descriptions).
                        Improv:  Double clicking a single patch shows the Edit window.
                        Improv:  The short cut for the edit button is Alt-E (and had to remove the Edit menu short cut).
                        Improv:  All banks/set lists are shown, also empty ones (useful for copy/paste functionality).
                        Bug Fix: Prevented some crashes related to the menu.
                        Bug Fix: Removed maximizing a PCG window when double clicking on the title bar.
                        Bug Fix: Prevented crash when loading a PCG without program, combi and set list slot data.
                        Bug Fix: Prevented crash when closing changed file after message box.
                        Bug Fix: Owner set correctly for message boxes; added icon for set list generator.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Update 0.2.5.121 Reply with quote

This is an in between update, since I will not spend much time the next weeks at the app (except for very urgent bugs maybe).

However, I wanted to deliver the parts I finished till now so you have some extra functionality.

The main features are showing of categories (and subcategories), the possibility to clear programs/combis/set list slots or banks and XML output is improved (for viewing in HTML). Also cleaned up the list views and fixed some bugs.

See complete list below
Code:
0.2.5.121  12-Oct-2011  Feature: Showing categories and sub categories for patches in GUI.
                        Feature: Clear selected program(s) or bank(s).
                        Improv:  Creation of XSL files for output generation in XML.
                        Improv:  Removed Set Lists radio button if not supported by model.
                        Improv:  Removed 'Content Type' column and 'Description' column from list views if not filled.
                        Bug Fix: Prevented crash for program usage/combi content list generator for Karma PCGs.
                        Bug Fix: Removed possibility to copy programs/combis between a Korg Triton PCG and Korg Karma PCG.
                        Bug Fix: Edit window has an icon now to prevent being unnoticed when unfocused.

The other part of the update will be later (probably as 0.3.x release).
This will involve the usage of the categories, like creating category lists, outputting lists sorted by category and sorting patches by name or category.

Programming speed will be lower the next months because I want to split it between playing with the Korg Kronos Smile

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Update 0.2.6.125 Reply with quote

Time for a new update ... just some small pieces since I am way to busy with the Kronos, but still some additions.

The most appreciated will probably be the Patch List, showing categories and the possibility to sort by category (and subcategory).

Also improved some small issues and bug fixes.

For Kronos only:
Also new line characters (returns) can be used inside the descriptions of set list slots (Kronos only). This is NOT possible on the Kronos itself so it is quite a unique feature (sorry for bragging a bit).

For Kronos only:
If my assumption for bank index conversion is right, my app is already capable of handling U-AA to U-GG files ... however of course I could not test it since OS1.5 is not available. But it MIGHT be possible PCG Tools will recognize the new banks already. If not, I will send an update asap after I installed OS 1.5 myself and adapted the app.

Furthermore, I cleaned up the wish list (removed some items which are already present).

The next item I will be working on is a Timbres manager. A combi consists of 8 or 16 timbres (programs). I will add a screen to move them up/down (left/right on your synth) and maybe some other functions like copy/paste if possible. I cannot guarantee I will add intelligence for IFXs because that is really tricky (and differs per synth model).

Below is the complete change list.
Code:

0.2.6.125   2-Nov-2011  Feature: Support for (U-)AA- to (U-)GG banks, added with OS update 1.5 (Kronos only and UNTESTED!).
                        Improv:  Patch List shows categories/sub categories (both Text, CSV and XML file format).
                        Improv:  Patch List can be sorted by category.
                        Improv:  Patch List output for CSV and XML slightly improved (and a bit changed).
                        Improv:  Possibility to use new line characters in a set list slot description (Kronos only).
                        Improv:  Number of characters for patch names/descriptions is shown in the edit screen.
                        Bug Fix: Prevented crash when copying set lists slots using combis from U-A..U-G; Kronos only.
                        Bug Fix: Prevented strange symbols for (sub) categories when loading PCGs without Global chunk.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

A new update is published. No new features this time, but several improvements.

One of the is the creation of Cubase sequencer instrument definition files, as explained in a specific thread (see http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=66721 for more info). Because these files might be already obsolete when the Korg editor will be published, I did not make implement it for other sequencers.

Also two tastes of Combi Content lists are supported. The old version (now called Compact), sorts the used timbres per combi and removes duplicates. Thew (called Short), shows the timbres per timbre index, so you can see at a glance how a combi is built up. Later I will possibly add another taste which shows complete patch names and maybe more.

All lists can now be generated in ASCII table format (see post above). This exists next to output to plain text, CSV and XML files.

Then some small issues, like clearing set list slots are added and a few bug fixes.

Also two external links in the about link are added. One to Korg KronosHaven (http://www.kronoshaven.com) and one to Robert Rosen's site (http://robertrosen.weebly.com/index.html).
If you download PCGs, please leave a notice and/or donation for their work.

Also a change is added for copy/pasting programs. You can 're'paste patches to easily make multiple copies of a single or more patches by recalling the copy buffer.

Below the complete list as in the history file:

Code:
0.2.7.126  21-Nov-2011  Feature: Create instrument definition files for Cubase.
                        Improv:  Create all generatable lists in ASCII table format.
                        Improv:  Generate a new kind of Combi Content list (showing timbres by index)
                        Improv:  Set list slots can be cleared.
                        Improv:  Copy/Paste mode has a Recall button to recall the copied copy clipboard.
                        Improv:  Added link to KronosHaven.com in the about box (new news site/forum for Korg Kronos).
                        Improv:  Added link to Robert Rosen's site (keyboardist/repair/patches).
                        Bug Fix: Enables the Copy and other buttons and disables Exit button when clipboard is empty.
                        Bug Fix: Removed unused toolbar icon (arrow down).

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG Tools update 0.2.7.128: Change categories (and sub categories)

Another new update. Not a lot but as mentioned in previous posts (of the main thread) some people consider it as valuable, so I decided to make an inbetween update.

With this update you can change (sub) categories.

Below is the complete list:
Code:
0.2.8.127  27-Nov-2011  Feature: Show favorite column for program/combis in PCG Window (Kronos only).
                        Feature: Mark/Unmark programs/combis as favorite (in edit screen, menu and toolbar, Kronos only).
                        Feature: Change categories and sub categories (depending on model) in edit screen.
                        Improv:  Use favorite setting as filter for generating all type of lists (Kronos only).

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

Another new update, allthough most of the new items are related to the Kronos, some items are interesting for all. See the complete (non Kronos specific changes) list below.

Code:

0.2.9.129  17-Dec-2011  Improv:  Added external link window (removed from about window).
                        Improv:  Added more external links (Kid Nepro, Dreamland Studio and Onksor).
                        Improv:  Added descriptional text with short combi content lists.
                        Improv:  Added copyright symbol in title and copyright mark in each source file.
                        Improv:  Show About box and External Links window in taskbar, for easier nvavigating if unfocussed.
                        Bug Fix: Trinity MOSS/Z1 files froze the app, changed into a more clear error message.
                        Bug Fix: Patch list ASCII table substitute new lines for \ characters preventing disrupted columns.
                        Special: Christmass ball icon (will be removed in a next update).

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New update 0.3.0.137

The features are:

Compact
It now is possible to compact patches. Compacting means moving the initialized and empty patches down and keeping the really filled ones up. E.g. suppose you deleted 20 patches you don't like (i.e. you cleaned them or initialized them on the Kronos itself), then you select the bank (containing the 20 empty patches), these 20 patches will be moved to i.e. I-A109...I-A128 keeping the filled ones to I-A000 to I-A108.

However it is even better: you can select a range to compact, i.e. compact from I-A050 to I-A070.

And you can select multiple banks so the compact is done over banks. The bank types will not change, so if you select a modeled and programmed bank it will two (separate) compact actions for both types. By selecting all banks you can easily created empty banks (supposing you have enough empty spaces in between).

Combi Content List
Until now, there were 'only' two combi content lists possible, one that showed for each combi ID all used program IDs, either sorted and duplicates removed or per track.

However the new (long) list shows per combi, the category/ sub category name, tempo and for ALL used timbres a lot of info, such as program name, category, sub category, velocity zone, key zone, portamento, pitch bend range, mute, status, etc.

Keyboard shortcut list
I noticed some people are not known to all the keyboard shortcuts available in the app, so I improved some of them and included a keyboard shortcut list.

See a screenshot below.

Complete update list:
Code:

0.3.0.137  30-Dec-2011  Feature: Long combi content list generation with important parameters of the used timbres.
                        Feature: Compact patches, i.e. move the empty patches downwards.
                        Feature: Keyboard shortcut key html file added in Help menu.
                        Improv:  The dirty flag now works correct (before it sometimes was shown without a real change).
                        Improv:  When no patches are pasted, a message box is shown with possible reasons.
                        Improv:  Added and changed some keyboard shortcuts.
                        Bug Fix: Prevent a crash for trying to edit a program/combi from a PCG file without Global chunk.
                        Bug Fix: The status bar does not show the model including " OS" if no OS version is displayed.
                        Bug Fix: Pasting of multiple selected patches did not work (correctly).
                        Bug Fix: Cleaned up footer line for compact combi content list.
                        Bug Fix: Prevent crash for OS1.5 combi content list generation using GM programs.
                        Special: Changed the Christmass ball into a Fireworks symbol.

I will send the update by email a bit later today ....

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Update: 0.4.0.139

As written before, I have a new update (thanks to the vacation I had more time).

Lots of new items this time so I hope it helps everybody to manage their PCG files even more easy than before.

Below I added screen shots and additional info.

Timbres Window

With the menu, tool bar or button, when one (or more) combi(s) are selected, you can see a timbres window.

It shows the most important timbres. And you can even do some tricks with it, like:

Move Down: Moves one (or more) selected timbres down
Move Up: Moves one (or more) selected timbres up
Clear: Clears the timbres, not only the mute setting but also several other parameters so you can see immediately in several screens that this timbre is muted.

It is not possible to move patches down or copy/paste while a combi window of that PCG is visible (it would result in a mess).

Changes are automatically performed in the PCG file (not saved though), but the PCG window will show an asterix (dirty flag) to show the contents has been changed, so you will not accidentally close a PCG window without saving.

Also if you close the PCG window, all its combi windows are closed automatically.

Edit Set List Name (Kronos only)
Already patch names could be changed, but now also set list names can be changed, and also the set list name is shown in the PCG window.

Small improvements:
Earlier compacting patches was already possible when only one patch was selected which is not really useful, so I changed it to 'at least two' patches. For banks, only 1 selected is enough because all patches within the selected bank(s) will be compacted.

The Long Combi Content List shows marks if GM of unpresent programs are referred to by combis.

Donate button

I have spend quite some time working on this app, so if you find it useful, think about this option.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New update: 0.4.1.140

Kronos bugs solved
Sorry not interesting for you guys (and girls).

Window size
For people using laptops or notebooks with a small screen: when making a window smaller and close it, the next time it will open in that same size, so you don't need to make the windows smaller every time you open a PCG window or a combi window.

Updated bar sync
And also when a combi window is shown, the status bar is now showing the data of the accompanied PCG file.

Below the full changes:
Code:

0.4.1.140  15-Jan-2012  Improv:  Windows are opened at the same size as when closed the previous time.
                        Improv:  Updates status bar with PCG info from a focused PCG window/combi window.
                        Bug Fix: Prevent crash when combi banks selected in PCG window when I-A is not present (Kronos only).
                        Bug Fix: Prevent crash/corrupt file for OS1.5 PCG files after moving/compacting patches (Kronos only).

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New update: 0.5.0.148

Support for SNG (Sequencer songs) files
In this intermediate update, for the first time SNG files (created by the sequencer) can be read. Its functionality is not that big, but it is a start for more features regarding these files.

As can be seen in the following screen shot, the song (names) inside the SNG file can be shown and the used samples. I hope this helps you with easy viewing the most important information of your SNG files.

In the next update I hope to show which programs are used but this will take a lot of effort.

See the screenshot below for the the new screen (consisting of two tabs).

Multiple file selection
Multiple PCG or SNG files can be selected. Since it can take some time to load multiple large files a wait cursor is shown. Also for saving files a wait cursor has been added.

Already opened message improved
Now the file name of a file that is loaded multiple times is shown only once and the file name is shown.

File saving improved
Previously, a file could always be saved. Now this is only possible if the file has really changed.

The status bar shows the Triton model and file type (PCG or SNG)
It shows now PCG or SNG. Also for Tritons, a specific name is shown (like Triton LE, Triton Extreme etc). Files can still be copied from one Triton/Karma PCG to another.

Copy/paste/move up/down and compacting has been increased
It might be possible that this feature is very slow ... I removed some unnecessary print statement but I'm not sure if it has affected a version in the past.

Prevented unnecessary warnings when a file is already opened.
When the same file is already opened 3 times and is opened again, previously 3 warning messages were shown. This is reduced to only 1.

Below the full changes:
Code:

0.5.0.148  25-Jan-2012  Feature: Show song names of a SNG file.
                        Feature: Show used samples/sample files of a SNG file.
                        Improv:  Added two columns for set list slots: Timbre ID and name where it refers to. (Kronos only).
                        Improv:  Multiple files can be selected in the open dialog window.
                        Improv:  A wait cursor is shown while opening/saving files.
                        Improv:  When opening a file that is already opened, the file name is displayed with an info message.
                        Improv:  PCG file can only be saved if it has been changed (asterix symbol is shown).
                        Improv:  Status bar shows active file type (PCG or SNG).
                        Improv:  Status bar shows Triton model (i.e. LE, Extreme etc). Copy/Paste Triton in family works.
                        Bug Fix: Increased speed of copy/paste/move up/down and compact functions.
                        Bug Fix: Prevented unneccessary warnings of the same file being already opened.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta testers requested:

Because I made lots of internal changes and some small improvements/bug fixes in around a month time I would be glad if others would take some time to test (certain) areas of this application.

See
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=70251

If you are interested, please let me know.
Also if you are interested in proofreading the manual.

In case there are multiple people who like to test for the same workstation, I will split the functionality (and believe me, there is enough to test for everybody).

Thanks in advance.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who are already using the application or want to know more about the working of every function and setting: the manual for PCG Tools can be downloaded at:

www.korgforums.com/support/kronos/Manual%20PCG%20Tools.pdf

The manual is from Version 0.9 BETA while the (latest) application is 0.1.5 but functionally it is more or less equal. I hope to upgrade both the manual and application soon to 1.0.0 and continue to add functionaly afterwards.

There are lots of screen shots, tips and examples.

(Thanks to Sharp for upload, including future uploads for the manual).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: