Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any more sound libraries?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk with Korg: I'm sure they will not try to take advantage of this situation after being so generous.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
The libraries announced by Korg and Karo (defininitely huge third party support) alone offer a wealth of additional high quality sounds.

I unserstand, I'm not talking about the future but now.

So where can I purchase those Karo libraries?

Wink
dhjdhj

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whom at Korg should I contact?

jimknopf wrote:
Talk with Korg: I'm sure they will not try to take advantage of this situation after being so generous.

MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhjdhj wrote:
Whom at Korg should I contact?

jimknopf wrote:

I would suggest waiting until mid-February, then contacting Korg Product Support.

Some of the other sound libraries will probably be available by then.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Add KidNepros vintage synth pack and more announcements of stuff in the making, like some stuff announced on youtube (just do a search for it).

On a side note, has anyone purchased those librairies? Are they considered high standard?
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Sorry, but at this point I completely disagree with all of you.

The libraries announced by Korg and Karo (defininitely huge third party support) alone offer a wealth of additional high quality sounds. Add KidNepros vintage synth pack and more announcements of stuff in the making, like some stuff announced on youtube (just do a search for it). And all this within half a year after appearance!

I understand if someone is concerned to get a value for his voucher. I would clarify that by contacting Korg directly.

But all the general rant about missing sounds, considering this nine-engine powerpack with all the VAST possibilities for you to program and sample yourself, plus additional stuff to come, is nothing but plain ridiculous from my view.

Generally I think you have great observations, but I feel you're off the mark here.

If you can't buy them, what does it matter what's "Announced"?

I feel those with vouchers and nothing to spend on (Or what some have basically described the current stuff as "Crap") and would prefer to wait for something worthwhile should have their voucher expiration extended if one at all. Sorry but I feel that scenario is misleading and absolute BS on Korg's part.

I also think there is merit to the "General Rant". Sure one can program the engines though there are limits specifically with the HD-1 engine and the samples available. Everyone has differing opinions of course, but the guitars sucking in the Kronos seems to be pretty universal from what I read. I'd love to see a guitar library to fill this gap.

So what are these limits I'm talking about? Specifically the ability for users to utilize the streaming functions of the Kronos. As users we're held hostage in this regard because only development partners have access to this. So we have two options: 1.)Wait until libraries come out to buy which are hopefully what we're looking for. 2.) See what's involved in becoming a development partner (Which I'm considering with gnashed teeth)

Why is this a big deal? RAM. Fully expanded the Kronos can get up to 3 GB. If you like to load all the default libraries (Like I do) you're using over 2 of it with the OS load AFAIK. For the type of library I'd like to do, I would imagine 1GB will go pretty quick! Sure, you can optimize things here and there but quality stuff takes up memory. In addition the constraints of memory force you to use loops and that puts development time through the roof. So now something that could take a few months will now take a year. Again, to do it right! Streaming uses a fraction of the traditional memory model.

If the sample streaming was opened up to users, I'd start making a guitar library for ME tomorrow, and once I got done I would see if there was commercial interest if it turned out good enough. Imagine how many libraries we could have with this type of model? Plus with the licensing model in Kronos people can demo it risk free! It's a win-win for everyone.

Lastly, Korg and these development partners have known about the Kronos for some time even before the release of the instrument. Good chance they had a development machine to work with. We've seen demos of these libraries, so wouldn't one assume they're finished? If not, why bother to announce it? It's kinda like the editor that doesn't exist. The only thing we can figure/hope is we'll get ship dates for these come NAMM.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if an OASYS owner doesn't want a Kronos - what value is the $750 vouchers then? Erm, none.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The expiration date part of the deal makes no sense at all. To be forced to use only part of your voucher for something you don't even need is just ridiculous. This voucher should've been good till the day the Kronos line officially retires.

BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont even know why we are talking about this when Korg, in 15-16 years
of Sampling Workstation still havent come up with a Sampling Editor of
somekind, we are still stuf with Third Parties.
2 GB of Sampling? WHO CARES!!! Useless, give us a tool to actually use it.
JuneauUnderground

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dniss wrote:
jimknopf wrote:
Add KidNepros vintage synth pack and more announcements of stuff in the making, like some stuff announced on youtube (just do a search for it).

On a side note, has anyone purchased those librairies? Are they considered high standard?

Not for the Kronos at this point because I haven't figured out everything that comes stock with the board. However, did buy the bunch from Kidnepro for the M3. Thy were first rate and of high utility. Thus probably the same holds true for the Kronos.

Additionally, check out Steven Kay's "the Karma guru" website, he has developed stuff for the Oasys, M3, M50 and is or has developed packages for the Kronos. I have all his M3 stuff, all first rate and highly recommended.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The voucher is a separate story which should be clarified by talking with Korg. It makes no sense talking about it before such a clarification.

Concerning sounds and third party sounds:
The only weak spot in the Kronos sounds is the guitar area (with some acoustic guitars being useable in context, but really dreadfiul electric guitars all over the place: I don't use any of those).

The rest is fine already, and even gets better with more libraries (the Ricky Lawson drums I bought are first class by the way).

Concerning sampling, the Kronos onboard possibilities are much better than what I had on my Fantom G, where the only reaonable way of sampling was using a third party (Nexoe) software package. Getting samples into the Kronos with help of availabe sampling and converting software is no big deal either. And sampling neither starts only with streaming: who of you guys would create huge multilayer gigabyte sample libraries, after not even using the present available sampling in a proper way?

So no, I don't understand the rant here. As soon as the announced Korg and Karo libraries hit the market (which I guess will not last long), I see even less reason for complaints than now, and even now I see very little.
keego

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a vid of one of the Karo libraries being demoed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW_NwlgpZZE&feature=related

Previous:
Korg:X5D,Wavestation, N364, Trinity,Triton Classic,Triton Studio, Korg M3 61 w/ EXB-Radias
Ensoniq:TS12, SD1, ASR10
Roland:XP10, JD-800, Roland XV88, A90ex
Kurzweil:K2500RS, K2661, PC3
Nord: Electro 3
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JuneauUnderground wrote:
Dniss wrote:
jimknopf wrote:

Not for the Kronos at this point because I haven't figured out everything that comes stock with the board. However, did buy the bunch from Kidnepro for the M3. Thy were first rate and of high utility. Thus probably the same holds true for the Kronos.

Additionally, check out Steven Kay's "the Karma guru" website, he has developed stuff for the Oasys, M3, M50 and is or has developed packages for the Kronos. I have all his M3 stuff, all first rate and highly recommended.

Nice! I will check them out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: