Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA3X in stock, Australia
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompson_m50

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miden wrote:
Hi Sam,

Beautiful!!! They have upgraded the keybed from the PA2 (speaking for the 76 note model only) much better.

The legacy sounds and styles sound about the same maybe slightly tweaked and so sound a tad better, but the new styles and sounds are superb...The guitars and basses have been improved out of sight!!!

They are now very close (VERY!!) to the T4, which I have also had at my house recently for a two weeks. The T4 OS is NOT very "live" friendly, and I really could not get used to 61 notes, or the plastic casing..

There is STILL nothing that comes close to the Korg Songbook!!!!

Some of these new styles man, awesome...So much so that a couple are going to replace my Midi or MP3 backing tracks. They actually sound BETTER than the midi file....

If you get one, you will see what I mean.

Still playing around with it, and resetting my SB entries to match the new style locations...Have not looked at the vocal functions yet (one of the reasons I went for it)

I have used the Adaptive Vocal tech from TC on another device and it is sweet as!!! And the Voice Live Two harmony engine (again used on another device), is a huge improvement on the one in the PA2.

Man, seriously, PA 800 and below, owners would "wet themselves"!!! As it is I moved from the PA2 and I am very, VERY impressed.

And the finish on the thing is beautiful. No plastic..All aluminium.

I don't know how they did it (as I think it is the same hardware) but the touch screen is so much quicker and responsive. I also like the more modern fonts used in the lettering. Reads really well.

I am happy to provide further updates if you guys want. That's about all I have had time for so far!!

Dennis

Great to read your good experience of owning Korg Pa3x. I have a website I made for Korg Pa3x ,www.korgpa3x.com. It will be really helpful if you could provide a good review of the keyboard comparing it with the old keyboards you had. Also if you can share some videos of yourself performing with the keyboard it will be great too....
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thompson_m50 wrote:
I have a website I made for Korg ....

My first impression after visiting your website was that you created this website primarily for Zzounds.com???

thompson_m50

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not primarly for ZZounds..... The only Affiliate Marketing website I found was Zzounds.. Thats why a lot of ads...

Also the primary reason I made this website was for making some money for owning a pa3x of my own....

I don't know... If I should make some improvements or changes in my website please do help...
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also consider Allan's Music + Billy Hyde in Kew as well if you're looking for a PA3x. They love their Korg gear there...
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It starts.......
One local retailer has actually received a PA3X-61 - on the shelf - so I can at last check it out.....

Credit card is shivering.....

Wink

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Squeeeze

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought before christmas myself the Pa3X Pro - i paid $3600AUD - there shoudl be plenty in stock now from all the players such as billy hydes, bavas, turrumaruua music ect.

GREAT Keybaord..I haev fallen in love with it more than the wife !!!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
GREAT Keybaord..I haev fallen in love with it more than the wife

I hope you mean that you have fallen in love with it more than your wife loves it Wink
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Slovenec

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been meaning to check out a PA3X and will now go out and do just that knowing that they can be demoed at shops in Melbourne. It seems that the intial retail price has dropped as the 2011 Allans/Billy Hydes catalogue was listing the PA3X61 at $4999!!!!

I've had a bit of a play of the Tyros 4 and whilst those acoustic instrument sounds are fantastic solo, I just don't like too many other things about it and find Yamaha styles too 'plastic'(!) whereas Korg's styles are more 'live' sounding. (juding by hearing PA1 and PA2 instruments).

Dennis, I'm wondering if you're the same very friendly knowledgeable bloke who spoke to me at length at Allans in Bourke St some months ago? You mentioned about getting a PA3X76????
I was looking at a Kronos but I've got enough synth power in my DAWs and mac and more need something that i can play and enjoy taking out live to use solo and with the band (Alpine Cocktail are the best Oktoberfest band in the Australia!)...... hang on, surely I didn't inadvertantly advertise the name of the band I play in! LOLLOL Smile
Squeeeze

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me be clear Smile

More than the wife - hehehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: