Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you create the appregiated synth sounds?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
liKeys30

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: How do you create the appregiated synth sounds? Reply with quote

Im sorry for a noob question, i am just new to this. How do you create the appregiated synth sound like at the song Hot n cold by katy perry? Here is the link of the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_FreDrOFd0 Thank you.
arne v

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I do not think you have to make one if you need one, because there are a few combi`s that sounds like this using Karma. I cant remember their names (since i am at work), but i can check them later. I have them as "favorites". They also sound like the norwegian band "Röyksopp"
Wink
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way, without getting to bogged down with the finer details, is to use the Polysix:

Set the Osc wave form to PW at 16' with Sub Osc at 1 Oct
Set the Env Gen Attack 0, Decay 3, Sustain 0 and Release 0
VCF Cutoff about 6, Res 0, EG Intensity 2
Switch on the Arpeggiator and set Range to 1 Oct and Mode to UP

Play a SINGLE note and adjust the tempo... you should get something similar to the track, although a bit of fine adjustment will be necessary.

Maybe there should be a separate sub forum for programming tips?
arne v

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronik wrote:

Good idea!
Or a "sticky" in the kronos forum? This would probably be a mess after a while..
liKeys30

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys for replying. I will be trying it and I am sorry for my noobishness. Thanks again people. Smile
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you create the appregiated synth sounds? Reply with quote

liKeys30 wrote:
Im sorry for a noob question, i am just new to this. How do you create the appregiated synth sound like at the song Hot n cold by katy perry? Here is the link of the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_FreDrOFd0 Thank you.
Dan Stesco has created a patch for just that specific song for the kronos.
I don't know how it sounds or if it arpeggiated etc since I don't have my kronos yet to check it out but maybe you could test it and post if it's anything you looked for:

Check the patchlist for "Katy Perry Hot'n Cold".

liKeys30

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you create the appregiated synth sounds? Reply with quote

Jon Lord wrote:
liKeys30 wrote:
Dan Stesco has created a patch for just that specific song for the kronos.
I don't know how it sounds or if it arpeggiated etc since I don't have my kronos yet to check it out but maybe you could test it and post if it's anything you looked for:

Check the patchlist for "Katy Perry Hot'n Cold".

I found the patch but i am clueless on how to transfer that patch into the board. Do i need some kinda program to transfer it?
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Unzip the .zip file, there should be a .PCG file inside.
2. Move the .PCG file to your USB-thumbdrive and plug it into your Kronos
3. Go to "Disk" mode in kronos, and go to the "Load" tab.
4. Navigate to the .PCG file on your USB-thumbdrive, and click on the "Open button". Now you should be able to navigate inside the PCG file, just navigate to the Program or combi you want to try and click load button and select a location you want to load it into. Please notice that you don't need to load the whole bank from the PCG since it might contain stuff you don't want etc and this would overwrite your other data. So just select the patch you want and click load it in.
You can also preview the sounds (atleast programs, combi's might not work allways depending on if you have the linked programs loaded in) by just selecting a sound inside the .PCG file and just playing the keyboard.

For further detail please see the Kronos Operation guide page 184.
Hope I got everything right, don't have a kronos yet but it should be similar as it is on my M3. And allways remember to backup all your data with the save function before you load anything, just incase you are not sure what you are doing you might load the entire .PCG file which could be empty.
Cheers

liKeys30

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jon Lord. I read and did the things you've said, but i had a problem to load the pcg file. after i press the load button, the keyboard told me that it is a illegal SMF file. Crying or Very sad what i did is i reformat my flash drive then it worked! Laughing thanks alot!
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

liKeys30 wrote:
Thank you Jon Lord. I read and did the things you've said, but i had a problem to load the pcg file. after i press the load button, the keyboard told me that it is a illegal SMF file. Crying or Very sad what i did is i reformat my flash drive then it worked! Laughing thanks alot!
Ok that's weird, but I'm glad you got it solved! Not sure how Kronos got confused and thought it was a midi (smf) file .

NoraPianoWoman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: How does this patch editing work in the Triton LE?? Reply with quote

Kronik wrote:
The easiest way, without getting to bogged down with the finer details, is to use the Polysix:

Set the Osc wave form to PW at 16' with Sub Osc at 1 Oct
Set the Env Gen Attack 0, Decay 3, Sustain 0 and Release 0
VCF Cutoff about 6, Res 0, EG Intensity 2
Switch on the Arpeggiator and set Range to 1 Oct and Mode to UP

Play a SINGLE note and adjust the tempo... you should get something similar to the track, although a bit of fine adjustment will be necessary.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: