Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pandora Mini will NOT interface with software for recording

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seb6000

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Pandora Mini will NOT interface with software for recording Reply with quote

-

HELP... I want to record on my computer with this device...
But the Pandora Mini will NOT interface with any software (I tried)
for recording as a recognizable hardware interface...

Ok the main reason I purchased this product was the USB connection.
To plug it in and use it in recording software with my guitars, vocals, etc...

But its not happening...

I have the proper KORG pandora mini driver installed and currently can use the pandora mini editor software.
But no matter what I do the Mini will never show up in the interface hardware (input) list... on any software that I tried.

Currently using Adobe Soundbooth v3.0 - Or can this device only use a MIDI type software and not just any type of
random recording (interface driven) software, which I'm not sure on the soundbooth (if its midi orientated)

Next if this device will only interface with a few special software's, then Korg should say that and provide a list
of these special software's. Because people should not have to waste their time searching the world for
that 1 special software that will allow this hardware to interface with it!

Related searches for midi software:
Brands: Cakewalk Cubase M-audio casio Turtle Beach

---

I also tried installing an ASIO driver to get the MINI to show on the interface list... also a NO GO!
ASIO: http://www.asio4all.com/

---

Done this:

-Make sure you have the latest driver from the Korg website.
-Run the installer package
-Plug in the device
-Run the device install utility:
Start > Programs > Korg > USB-MIDI Driver > Install KORG USB-MIDI Device.

---

My computer: Acer Aspire TimelineX AS1830T-68U118 11.6-Inch Laptop
Specs: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042X8W0Q
O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
Realtek sound drivers installed and are up-to-date

Product Description
Acer Aspire TimelineX AS1830T-68U118 Notebook comes with these specs: Intel Core i7-680UM processor, Windows 7 Home Premium, 11.6" HD Widescreen CineCrystal LED-backlit Display, Mobile Intel HM55 Express Chipset, 4096MB DDR3 1066MHz Memory, Intel HD Graphics, 500GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive, Built-In HD 1.3MP Webcam, Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader, 2nd Generation Dolby Sound Room Audio Enhancement, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED, Bluetooth 3.0+HS, 3 - USB 2.0 Ports, 1 - HDMI Port, 6-cell Li-ion Battery (5800 mAh), Up to 8 hours of battery life, 3.09 lbs. | 1.4 kg (system unit only), AC Power Adapter, AC Power Cord, Wireless Setup Card,

---

So could someone please provide instructions for all who are having this same problem, like me.

The MINI should be a recognizable PLUG & PLAY device... come on, its 2011 get updated KORG!

- otherwise hit refund and watch korg's sales go down until they address these simple problems!

- currently the only useful thing the built-in USB provides for me is charging the battery

---

I dont know if KORG monitors this forum for feedback, but they should..

thanks for any help on this...
wconger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Audio from Mini Reply with quote

It appears to me that the USB connection is only for midi control from the Editor software, not for audio transfer. Apparently you can only get audio from the output and headphone jack.
I'd love to be proven wrong though.
tiggie_00

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep Korg told me the same thing.. but what if a firmware hack could enable it? Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: