Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Two Questions Reply with quote

I returned my old microsampler due to unhappiness about storage space on the hardware.

I never tried using it on the computer. Maybe i'd have more fun with a home recording program?

Has any hardware/software came out that is like a more versatile/more storage/better keys than microsampler, and easy to use?

I'm looking for either going back to microsampler, or getting something entirely different.
korakios

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on how you make music and what kind of music you want to produce...You could check Roland sp-555

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=902

or fxpansion Geist (software) with a midi controller
http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=120

There are many more choices like NI Maschine ,Fruity Loops,Reason,Ableton Live and of coarse korg Electribes,and Akai MPC's....
bunky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the lay out of the micro, just wish keys were polyphony were better, and more storage.

Keys is a big thing, playing the sample across the board.
bunky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really intersted in making loops, or beats. But rather taking sound manipulating them, and playing them on a keyboard, stretching them, layering them, changing pitch etc....
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A software program like Native Instrument's Komplete would give you sample recording / playing / mangling-manipulation options plus more several synthesis types and virtual instruments. It's kind of a Kronos in a box. Definately deep, flexible, and capable - everything you were not finding in the microSampler, and more.

There are enough preset and plug'n'play features to get your started quickly, but expect a steep learning curve if you're new to the whole sampler / synth scene.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
bunky

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billbaker wrote:
A software program like Native Instrument's Komplete would give you sample recording / playing / mangling-manipulation options plus more several synthesis types and virtual instruments. It's kind of a Kronos in a box. Definately deep, flexible, and capable - everything you were not finding in the microSampler, and more.

There are enough preset and plug'n'play features to get your started quickly, but expect a steep learning curve if you're new to the whole sampler / synth scene.

BB

Oh wow thanks. Do you know of anything a little more low brow for those of us who don't do a lot of sampling or synth.
bunky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billbaker wrote:

BB

What would be best to use as a contrroller?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: