Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Outside of max HDR (24-bit rec/playback) . . .

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timbukktwo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Outside of max HDR (24-bit rec/playback) . . . Reply with quote

Isn't Kronos' system-wide regular bit rate 16-bit? Also, considering the quality [across the board] that Kronos is [I know the effects' 'sound' is most excellent], how do any feel the comparative quality of eq's/compressors' to outboard of the insert/mastering type do in a commercial release context? Some of this I understand is a subjective and sound/tonal preference type of thing, as well. After reading here on Korg Forums where one person released a commercial job done completely on his/her Oasys, I'll have to say, I really like this idea. Imagine having certain limits [in which I think are a good thing], yet having enough tools to get the job done admirably. I love the Kronos' all-in-one mentality! It covers sooo much ground, all the way down to the 3-D-like mixing engine! If the eq's and compressors' are in the higher-league of professional competence, this would drive the Kronos out of the park for me. I have the Kronos 88 and Triton Extreme/Moss 88 and I really like this combo a lot! I do have a few decent things to go to out of the box, but with Kronos, the desire to do it mostly in Kronos is highly appealing to me (sequencer and all -in which I don't mind at all- LOL). Thoughts, anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: