Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

questions re MA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
losackmd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: questions re MA Reply with quote

Hi John/others
i ordered the MA, pressed on the demo (styles and song ) no sound
no sound no sound. Global speakers on local on. Korg told me it was broken in transit. awaiting another. What a bummer!!

I am going to be frank here, at my own expense since you are all happy with arrangers, none i have used as yet. I want a device that perhaps doesnt exist. Something helps the creative process not hinder it or extend it. i have done plenty of music using Garageband and alot of time has been spent ( wasted? ) who knows
http://losackmd.posterous.com/

What ive heard here does not impress me at all. I am worried i am expecting too much from an MA. I use an M3 and Gbs sounds and much can be accomplished with these two with enough experience/ talent etc. love the combis but without a learning curve a huge one i cant do anything with them to change drum beats or bass lines etc. I start off great and the sound is wonderful but then what next? I am not new in the music songwriting field. I just feel that when i start writing a song ( singing the lead ) not playing these corny right side of the keyboard leads that i think sound too wedding/ bar mitzvah like, I want a sophisticated background to assist me in doing so. They made a good point in one of the demos that once you start working you stop creating and lose interest in all the technology. Music is so subjective please dont take my words as criticism they are observations based on my listening experience.
id like to ask a few questions before the new MA arrives and before i might eventually sell lit and start again from scratch.
1. these demoes i just heard, without the lead played are these styles
able to be embellished adding or subtracting the rather annoying guitars they have for example?
2. Can i add strings, or for that matter any of the 600 plus sounds in the machine as part of the style so they dont all seem to sound the same, coming from a player piano?
3. Can i organize a song in any way i want to using different styles once written into the song to make them sound a bit more unique even though they are used as background?
ya gotta admit there is too much monotony in these Pa demoes perhaps good for weddings but not for individual innovative songwriting. Again i mean no harm in these criticisms i just hear what i hear and i want to optimize the MA to such a degree that id have sophisticated instrumentation with a rhythmic backgrounds that are professional sounding.
4. Would you say if i didnt like these demoes and those ive heard on youtube that i shouldnt take this machine and other arrangers seriously?
Is this what i heard from the demos their real appeal?
i might just want the drum and bass heard for background.
i will also be adding layers of M3 and Garageband into the mix.
Does anyone have a song not an instrumental using the MA?

in the end its the effort one makes to write a good song not the instrumentation, I just got sucked in by the advertised creative process not being stopped when working on a song.
I would appreciate any advice from any of you
i mean absolutely no harm or offence
i am just learning about these arrangers.
having gone to music stores its impossible to really get the most from them
too many buttons and learning curve. but what i heard from a 4,000 pa3x something i wasnt really impressed but those were the main styles

my main question to you all is how much and to what extent can i modify alter embellish make natural sounding styles in stead of the automatic
toyish sounding one ive heard thus far. am i barking up the wrong tree?

thanks for your patience
glenn
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=68578
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: