Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question for Dan, re: new "KDP" version of the RH3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yeloop

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Question for Dan, re: new "KDP" version of the RH3 Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

I'm hoping you can help out with some advice or information.

I had to return two weighted Kronoses last year, due to weird "clonking" sounds coming from specific keys on the weighted action on each one.

I decided to wait before going ahead with another Kronos!

I've just picked up a Kronos 73, with a serial number that is lower than expected (1871)... I suspect it has sat in Musiclink Australia's warehouse for about four months.

Can you provide some advice on whether Kronoses are now shipping with the new version of the weighted action?

I am also unclear as to whether this is a different action, or exactly the same unit as the RH3, but with more stringent quality control. Is the new "KDP" action mentioned on this forum actually a new/modified keybed?

I haven't opened this Kronos yet... I am really afraid that it may have the old action, and even if it feels OK and doesn't make clunking noises or show the "note cutoff" problem initially, it may fail further down the track.

Was the quality control revised by the time Kronos 73 number 1871 rolled off the assembly line? Or does it still have the early RH3 keybed, which may fail?

Please provide me with some advice, I'm a long-term Korg user (having owned Korgs as far back as the 01/W - and a Trinity and various Tritons in between!). I am very pleased to see you are on this forum providing info and support to Korg owners (I've never seen Yamaha or Roland's senior people offering help on their respective forums!!) I would be really grateful if you could provide some advice and information on my questions above.

Cheers and thanks,
Mike
Hooch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loaded question.
Weighted answer.

John
yeloop

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooch wrote:
Loaded question.
Weighted answer.

John

I'm looking forward to some more info from Dan or one of the other Korg guys- would be reassuring after two Kronos disappointments last year.

Definitely not intended to be a loaded question though, just a genuine request for more info.

Cheers,
Mike
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And certainly not too much to ask after what has happened before!
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

except having two separate threads on it is a little redundant.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of the vintage of the RH3, I am not aware of any specific concerns regarding the feel or behavior changing over time. If you like the feel and have no problems out of the box then it should continue to serve you well for some time to come, within the natural limitations of keyboard mechanisms.

That's the extent of what I can offer; I'm sorry that I cannot answer some of your other questions.

Best regards,

Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
yeloop

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
Regardless of the vintage of the RH3, I am not aware of any specific concerns regarding the feel or behavior changing over time. If you like the feel and have no problems out of the box then it should continue to serve you well for some time to come, within the natural limitations of keyboard mechanisms.

That's the extent of what I can offer; I'm sorry that I cannot answer some of your other questions.

Best regards,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Wow - thanks for such a quick response. Greatly appreciated.

Based on this, I will hold onto the Kronos I have just bought, and open it tonight.

Thanks again for your support!

Cheers,
Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: