Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed with copying Note Maps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Help needed with copying Note Maps Reply with quote

I've been trying to save a custom note map to one of the spare Note Map slots (G37) but haven't managed to do it.

Scenario: I have a custom drum note map set up in module A. I want to copy it to Note Map G37 so I can use that map for another module (running drums) and then change the original custom note map to avoid a clash of snares.

I go to Note Map G37 and in the drop dowm menu select 'copy note map' and set the source destination to 'custom' in the same combi. However when I've executed the copy command the G37 note map is unchanged. I was expecting it to change to match the custom map. Confused

BTW: Copying a custom note map from a Combi is no different from copying from a Program note map as any changes made to the custom note map in a Combi are reflected across all of the KARMA modules' custom note maps.

Any idea's why this is happening Question

Line 6 Flextone XL / Line 6 POD XT / Roland V Bass / Ampeg Portabass & Cab / Assorted Guitars (no whammy bar) ... and a Fender Champ ...
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparker,

G37 isn't a user table that can be overwritten. It's a preset table, and none of the 64 presets can be overwritten. The only note map table you can edit and save is the Custom table, which is not saved globally but individually for each program, combi or song.

The copy command will allow you to copy a preset table to the custom table within the same program/combi, or it will let you copy a custom table to another custom table between programs, etc.

In other words, if you want to use your custom note map table in different combis, then you'll use the copy command and select the combi where you saved it.
Sparker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardsync: Thanks for the info, however;

Quote:
G37 isn't a user table that can be overwritten. It's a preset table, ...

I'm still confused as table G37 is just a straight note for note mapping (the 'line' of note maps is a straight diagonal line running bottom left to top right).

I think the other higher numbered note maps are the same (default and not presets), but I'll have to check that out later when I'm at the Kronos.

Line 6 Flextone XL / Line 6 POD XT / Roland V Bass / Ampeg Portabass & Cab / Assorted Guitars (no whammy bar) ... and a Fender Champ ...
Sparker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further investigation shows that note maps G37 -> G56 are 'default' maps, with the 8 highest note maps (57 -> 64) being set up for melodic GE's.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why maps G37 -> G56 are not editable. Being set as they are is a waste as they serve no purpose I can think of.

Maybe this is something that can be made useful in a future upgrade of the OS Question Idea

Sparker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd certainly like to able to set up my own note maps that I can use in a Combi with multiple modules.

Of course it's not an issue in Programme mode as there is only one note map per module and only one module per programme.

HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparker wrote:
Further investigation shows that note maps G37 -> G56 are 'default' maps, with the 8 highest note maps (57 -> 64) being set up for melodic GE's.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why maps G37 -> G56 are not editable. Being set as they are is a waste as they serve no purpose I can think of.

Apparently, these have been unused since at least the Oasys. They aren't used on my M3, either. At least you have the copy table command... my M3 doesn't have it.

Sparker wrote:
I'd certainly like to able to set up my own note maps that I can use in a Combi with multiple modules.

Of course it's not an issue in Programme mode as there is only one note map per module and only one module per programme.

It might be useful to be able to assign 4 different custom note map tables to a single combi, sure. As it stands now, we can only have one custom table per combi. There are a few topics on the Karma-Lab forums discussing memory requirements, etc.
Sparker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardsync: Thanks for the link - yes - similar thoughts on there to my own - though I hadn't thought of the possibility of a different custom note map per scene - that would be a useful alternative to working through all the pattern variations to see if one matches up to whats wanted Smile

Sparker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed

Having played around with KARMA scene changes and having read some of the KARMA wiki articles I now realise it is possible to change note maps on a per-scene basis. (Though it's not possible to have different Custom maps as they work on a per program/combi basis)

At least the learning curve is starting to straighten out Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: