Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG Micro Arranger here tomorrow discussions questions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dnj

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing KORG arrangers since their very first arranger in 1983 the SAS20...... there are styles in the Micro that I remember from my i3 days also like 4/4 ballad that still today work very good today....the songbook is a very valuable tool in some of the newer PA models also I agree remember using it alot with my PA800, Yamaha needs a lesson from KORG on this feature Big Time!....KORG units also allow editing for almost everything on the KB also factory included. This Micro can come in very handy.......for example your playing a wedding lets say, and your setup in the big reception room...BUT, the cocktail hour is outside on the deck, or in another room somewhere.........you can stay setup with your main KB & gear and just take the 9lb Micro and a small powered speaker to do the Cocktail Hr easy......or keep it in your car for a backup, or practice KB anywhere.....I look at it as a Arranger Swiss Army Knife... Laughing
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how easy is it to tweak sounds with the Microarranger?
Dnj

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synthoid wrote:
So how easy is it to tweak sounds with the Microarranger?

Seems pretty easy just scroll thru the menus and tweak away....there are so many adjustments you can make if that is what you want to do.
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I was curious... since some of Yamaha's arranger keyboards have very limited patch editing.

On another note, I'd like to see Korg build an arranger with KARMA. That would give players access to both static and random styles, opening up lots of new musical possibilities.

Very Happy
Dnj

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say and I have Yamaha & Korg arrangers here....the KORG is so much more deeper in the editing department for sure.....let's also realize this is a $499.00 arranger KB and IMHO for what it does and the way it sounds compared to units costing 4x & 5x times more is absolutely amazing at this price point..........ALL the Micro units all have a special niche that can fit in to many musical scenarios because of their size and power.......
good job KORG!
JerryT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo Donny,
Congrats on your new board. Did you determine what the memory card limit is? It was noted that there is no songbook feature. Have you figured out how you would locate and call up a tune on a gig? I remember the i4, i5, i40M and i30 days when we had to carry a list of titles and corresponding numerical data to punch in before each tune. In those days, that wasn't a factor - it was the system available. Now, after having used the songbook features, the old way seems tedious. Nevertheless, I like the concept for all the reasons you noted ... weight, back-up board, special circumstances, and possibly as a controller for my Midjay Plus. At any rate, keep us posted especially how it may be best used on gigs. Thanks, and Happy New Year.
Ciao,
Jerry
Dnj

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerryT wrote:
Yo Donny,
Congrats on your new board. Did you determine what the memory card limit is? It was noted that there is no songbook feature. Have you figured out how you would locate and call up a tune on a gig? I remember the i4, i5, i40M and i30 days when we had to carry a list of titles and corresponding numerical data to punch in before each tune. In those days, that wasn't a factor - it was the system available. Now, after having used the songbook features, the old way seems tedious. Nevertheless, I like the concept for all the reasons you noted ... weight, back-up board, special circumstances, and possibly as a controller for my Midjay Plus. At any rate, keep us posted especially how it may be best used on gigs. Thanks, and Happy New Year.
Ciao,
Jerry

Hi Jerry no problem with the Micro,.....you save ALL the performances,
(registrations) and 4 STS for each style, name them and write them into many of the user locations for call up by title 8 on a page.......it's real easy once you set it up.........so far no answer on SD card limit... I'm hoping the card size is the limit and you can use as big as you want?

http://www.korg.com/microarranger
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Donny ,
can't help with the micro arranger, but I do remember with my KN7000 there was a limit to the number of folders that the sd card could handle,
so it wasn't worth buying a really large memory card ( those days the cards averaged $1 per megabyte. eek)

Hopefully not the same with the micro arranger, but might just be wise to get a small one first, it's always handy to have a couple of backups, I learnt the hard way.

Dnj wrote:
JerryT wrote:
Yo Donny,
Ciao,
Jerry

Hi Jerry no problem with the Micro,.....you save ALL the performances,
(registrations) and 4 STS for each style, name them and write them into many of the user locations for call up by title 8 on a page.......it's real easy once you set it up.........so far no answer on SD card limit... I'm hoping the card size is the limit and you can use as big as you want?

http://www.korg.com/microarranger

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
JerryT

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rikki, Happy New Year! I still would like to know if the folks from 'down under' refer to us as 'up overs'? How are you doing with the PA3X?
Ciao,
Jerry
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jerry,
Happy New Year to you too.

Naaa (re : as 'up overs'?) haahaa

Luv the PA3X. Now got the 4 fills which are definately better than the 2.

It's got XG drumkits, which makes converting my psr styles across to korg , a lot easier.

And Guitar mode 2 is less restrictive than guitar mode 1, in that a guitar mode 2 track can have midi notes as well as guitar mode notes..

Actually, I got pretty much everything I'd wished for in that survey a couple of years ago, EXCEPT , it still only comes with keys. haahaa

JerryT wrote:
Hi Rikki, Happy New Year! I still would like to know if the folks from 'down under' refer to us as 'up overs'? How are you doing with the PA3X?
Ciao,
Jerry

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought you guys would be reading the other Korg arranger sections as well, apparently not so.

As stated on quite a few previous occasions the Micro is 100% identical to the PA50sd.
Now the PA50sd sound- and stylewise is and was 100% identical to the PA80, which again was virtually a PA1X. Naturally the more expensive models had extras, such as the PA80 had aftertouch, better amplification,etc.
and the PA1X added sampling, 76 keys etc.

For a period of 4 years I played the PA80/pa50 and programmed extensively on it. All of this and more will be available at short notice, see my webpages:
http://pasounds.intropagina.nl/page-7--korg-micro-arranger.html

NEW:
added some songs on my youtube page that were recorded with the sole use of the PA50 (= Micro Arranger):
http://www.youtube.com/user/matseims/videos

John Smies
Holland.

P.S. Sharp, yes I think it would be a good idea to open up a special section here.....
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: New Member Reply with quote

Hello everyone Smile
I am intrigued by the MicroArranger myself. I have many different boards here in the music room and two of them are Korgs. I have a PA500 and a Microstation. My other stuff is Ensoniq and Roland, and they seem to get along very well.
I have a nursing home ministry and right now, I am considering getting a new arranger and the MicroArranger looks like it may fit the bill. I am currently using a Roland E-09 and it has been a very good board to take to the nursing homes. The MA's portability is a plus though and even with bringing a small powered speaker, it may lighten the load.

I am assuming that based on all of the stuff I have read thus far, that the MA's synth architecture is that of the Triton series era....

The reason I do not use the PA500 at the nursing homes is that it sounds a little dull and not as full of life as the Roland arranger. I will say though that with my duo, the Korg blows it away because of the extra features it has.

I control so much MIDI stuff from the board and I can send a MIDI track to my harmony boxes (2 - TC Helicon Harmony-M boxes) on top of it all. My rack consists of (3) Ensoniq SQr Modules, (2) Roland JV880 Modules and (1) Roland M-SE1 Modules. I also bring the Microstation along with the PA500 and the rack and get a great big sound.

I wish Korg would come out with some sort of piano-only module. That would be cool to have a great piano sound. The Microstation and PA500 have pretty good pianos, but they get dull as you go higher up the keyboard. The Roland stuff I have is okay, but using 20 year old JV880 mods just does not fit for solo piano. I also have a Yamaha NP-30 but there is not enough polyphony.....

Anyway, wanted to say hello and if there are any tips and such for loading the PA up with Rock styles, that would be cool to see. I wish I could take out all of the ethnic stuff and replace them with rock styles.

Grace,
Harry
david7685

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Brand new Korg micro arranger owner Reply with quote

Hi,
this is first time (new) member David from Toronto.
I bought up a Micro Arranger Friday. They gave me the floor model while we wait for the brand new one ordered to arrive.
So far so good. looking forward to enjoying the MA.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: