Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arranger sound module for guitars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Arranger sound module for guitars Reply with quote

I have several friends who are trying to find a sound module that emulates an arranger keyboard. They want something that will produce styles but in a sound module. The idea would be to create a foot pedal that has each note written on the pedals, then midi the pedal into the sound module. The module and the guitar would come out of a pa system. The guitar player would select a style, the foot pedal would activate the style and the guitar player would play the guitar and cahnge the chords or notes by pressing the pedals with their feet at the same time. Something similar to the Ketron SD3 arranger module. But you must have a midi guitar to plug into it.
The guitar players I know don't want to use a midi guitar they want to play their own along with the various styles. Any ideas? Thanks.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIDI pedals for note input exist, popularised by electronic organists and 70s prog rock bass players (Taurus bass pedal synthesizer).

I think Roland do something called the PK5 which is a small midi note pedalboard.

I don't see why the guitar would 'need' to be MIDI if you were talking about pedal note input.
Connect the guitar to a regular amplifier & fx chain or use a separate standalone processor to go straight into the mixer/pa alongside the arranger.

But also, keyboard players are cool! Don't put us out of business Sad
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Chuck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes keyboard players are cool, I am one of them using the PA2X. I think everyone should have a chance to play some of the great styles Korg puts out. Thanks for the comment. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: