Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

m3-Kronos differences sequecer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmvieira

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to andreidelait: The Kronos screen does not support being an XY pad / screen like the M3. You have the equivalent functionality however with the joystick that the M3 does not have.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
Dniss wrote:
I'm not clear why some of those features were not included. In my mind it's much easier to re-use the code then work to take it out.

I doubt the sequencer part was re-written from scratch.

Except that the functionality was added to the M3

Good point, I wasn't aware of that.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davidb wrote:
afr wrote:
What are the differences between Kronos and m3 sequencer?

Well, the *main* difference is that with the OS 2.0 for the M3 Korg implemented some IMHO fantasctic DAW-derived editing tools in Sequencer mode, with a great implementation thanks to his touch screen drag & drop fuctionality (Kronos does not have that kind of funcionality, but a bigger and better screen, so those editing features for the sequencer could be great as well).

The M3 XPanded has some new screens added (which Kornos hasnt) to the Edit sequencer page, allowing you to view and manipulate data on-screen as graphic elements.

This editing style is like computer-based DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) software programs, so its kinda cool.

A Piano Roll Edit Screen: individual data can appear as individual squares, and elements such as note number, duration, velocity and more can be edited, deleted or created graphically, not numbers in a chart any more!.

Another Screen is Track View : Also new, this screen graphically shows all the data for a group of tracks, very convenient for arranging, as you can move, copy , paste, and delete measures using one touch techniques.

A detailed Sysex editing screen, this way events show up on screen using their native exclusive parameter names, so you can clearly identify each event.

All IMHO a very good and convenient stuff for a nowdays workstation.

Ooh I want ... Korg, please can I have these features for my birthday present and Christmas present together? I will never ask for anything again!

I would even gladly pay for such features ...
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slovenec wrote:
Kronos sequencer also lacks the very handy 'cue list' feature found in the M3 and Triton sequencers. This was a feature I used all the time when I sequenced in my now sold Triton Classic.

Yes, true, I forgot that one.

Indeed very good tool as well, that was left out of the OASYS too. (The two only recent models by Korg who dont have it, BTW)

Quote:

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I sincerely hope that Korg add all the M3 Xpanded's sequencer features to the Kronos especially considering it has the extra large touch screen.

Yes. As I mentioned earlier, I agree.

Those editing sequencer features would be so much useful in a screen with the size of the one the Kronos has.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
andreidelait

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but I'm not reffering to X/Y mode swipping. I think swipping is a must have in sequencer Pianoroll. I Think is very useful to drag notes wherever you want. That's why I mentioned swipping support.

Thank You
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
Davidb wrote:
afr wrote:
What are the differences between Kronos and m3 sequencer?

Well, the *main* difference is that with the OS 2.0 for the M3 Korg implemented some IMHO fantasctic DAW-derived editing tools in Sequencer mode, with a great implementation thanks to his touch screen drag & drop fuctionality (Kronos does not have that kind of funcionality, but a bigger and better screen, so those editing features for the sequencer could be great as well).

The M3 XPanded has some new screens added (which Kornos hasnt) to the Edit sequencer page, allowing you to view and manipulate data on-screen as graphic elements.

This editing style is like computer-based DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) software programs, so its kinda cool.

A Piano Roll Edit Screen: individual data can appear as individual squares, and elements such as note number, duration, velocity and more can be edited, deleted or created graphically, not numbers in a chart any more!.

Another Screen is Track View : Also new, this screen graphically shows all the data for a group of tracks, very convenient for arranging, as you can move, copy , paste, and delete measures using one touch techniques.

A detailed Sysex editing screen, this way events show up on screen using their native exclusive parameter names, so you can clearly identify each event.

All IMHO a very good and convenient stuff for a nowdays workstation.

Ooh I want ... Korg, please can I have these features for my birthday present and Christmas present together? I will never ask for anything again!

I would even gladly pay for such features ...

When is your birthday?
Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: