Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Resurrection" system with no External DVD Drive.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phabius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: "Resurrection" system with no External DVD Drive. Reply with quote

I must be the happiest Kronos owner in this forums!

After almost a year, I've NEVER had a single issue with my K61, with any of the OS versions. No spontaneous boots, no problems with the keys, no audio dropouts... Every upgrade went smoothly in seconds, no loss of data or anything. Even the Editor works fine in my Sonar X1 and standalone with no glitches... No problems at all!

But even so I really would like to see a "resurrection" system without the need of an external DVD drive.
If something happens in the future, and worst, on the road, this won't be the easier thing to do.
I've chosen Kronos to get rid of extra gear, like laptops, audio interfaces, etc., so I'm not happy to carry a DVD drive solely for this purpose, just in case something stupid happens.

As everybody here, I would like to have an USB stick in my pocket for the job.

Please!
Korg MS-20 Kit, Korg MS-20 mini, Korg KingKorg, Korg Volca Series (Beats, Bass, Keys), Korg Kronos 61, Korg X50, Korg Triton Extreme 76 (96MB RAM, MOSS), Korg MS2000B, Korg monotron series (classic, duo, delay), Korg monotribe, Kawai K5000W, Nord Stage 88, Nord Electro 2, Nord Modular G2X, Nord Lead 3, Novation X-Station, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air

www.removesilence.com
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh?

Are you saying that an external DVD drive is required, to upgrade the OS?

Seriously? This can't be right.

Lawrence
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he's saying that you need a DVD drive to RESTORE the OS from the DVD installation disks.

Personally, I'm looking at making a bootable disk image to stick on a memory stick (hopefully Kronos will "see" it as a DVD drive!!)
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Phabius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be nice, Scooby Smile
Korg MS-20 Kit, Korg MS-20 mini, Korg KingKorg, Korg Volca Series (Beats, Bass, Keys), Korg Kronos 61, Korg X50, Korg Triton Extreme 76 (96MB RAM, MOSS), Korg MS2000B, Korg monotron series (classic, duo, delay), Korg monotribe, Kawai K5000W, Nord Stage 88, Nord Electro 2, Nord Modular G2X, Nord Lead 3, Novation X-Station, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air

www.removesilence.com
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
what size memory stick would be suggested?

Regards
Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
No, he's saying that you need a DVD drive to RESTORE the OS from the DVD installation disks.

Ah, I see. Once a version has been installed by the factory, then any updates are done via UBS. Unless you need to reinstall the original factory version. Have I got that correct now?
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup y!
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: