Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plugin editor window won't reopen from within Logic 9.1.7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BetaMark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Plugin editor window won't reopen from within Logic 9.1.7 Reply with quote

All,

Not having any issues with Kronos and the editor talking to each other; the issue comes when trying to use the editor as a plugin with Logic.

when I first choose the plugin from the I/O option in the channel strip, the editor launches with no problem. But if I close the editor window and double-click on I/O to get the editor window back (the same process that works for any other MIDI plugin), I get no window. Note that this happens even with with only one instance of the editor loaded on just one track. The only way to get the window back is to go back to I/O, choose No Plugin, let the change take effect and then relaunch the editor from scratch. Kind of defeats the purpose. Tried a reinstall of the editor but the problem remains. Anyone else seen this?

Last edited by BetaMark on Fri May 18, 2012 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
JuneauUnderground

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This suggestion may or may not help you. The Kronos editor is a 32 bit program as we know. If you are running Logic in 64 bit mode, after you have installed the Kronos plugin, you have to run Logic in 32 bit mode in order for the program to scan and validate the plugin. This will not happen in 64 bit mode. After it is properly validated by Logic you should have no problems opening it. Thereafter reset Logic to 64 bit mode and proceed to use the plugin.
BetaMark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JuneauUnderground wrote:
This suggestion may or may not help you. The Kronos editor is a 32 bit program as we know. If you are running Logic in 64 bit mode, after you have installed the Kronos plugin, you have to run Logic in 32 bit mode in order for the program to scan and validate the plugin. This will not happen in 64 bit mode. After it is properly validated by Logic you should have no problems opening it. Thereafter reset Logic to 64 bit mode and proceed to use the plugin.

Nope, didn't help. In fact, Logic was already defaulted to 32-bit mode and had recognized the editor as a new plugin after I'd first installed it. Just for yucks, changed Logic to 64 bit and launched again. It did another scan, recognized the editor as a 32-bit plugin and put it in a group with other 32-bit plugins, but the problem remains.
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: More than me Reply with quote

I can't even get logic to see it as a plugin. Not sure what is going on there.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Plugin editor window won't reopen from within Logic 9.1. Reply with quote

BetaMark wrote:
All,

But if I close the editor window and double-click on I/O to get the editor window back (the same process that works for any other MIDI plugin), I get no window.

Instead of closing the plug, just hit the 'V" key.. all plugs will vanish and reappear when you press the "V" key again

Quote:
Note that this happens even with with only instance of the editor loaded on just one track. The only way to get the window back is to go back to I/O, choose No Plugin,

What you are doing is "Closing" the plug-in? .. and by the way you can only instanciate one instance of the plug-in per project.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: More than me Reply with quote

ed_f wrote:

Initially, did you open the Stand-Alone and set your ports, midi and control channels?
Also from the stand-alone, have you transferred Kronos to the Editor and save the file, so that it can be opened in your DAW as a plug?
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: More than me Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
ed_f wrote:

Initially, did you open the Stand-Alone and set your ports, midi and control channels?
Also from the stand-alone, have you transferred Kronos to the Editor and save the file, so that it can be opened in your DAW as a plug?

Yes - I am actually a guy who reads the instructions. I am using the standalone just fine - despite a few problems I think it is better than working on the touchscreen.

As a habit from years of keyboards and computers. The first thing I did with the standalone was transfer everything over and save that file as my "prework_donttouch" file.

Still, it doesn't seem like the audioUnit manager ever recognizes the plugin and I have searched in all the possible IO/inserts of all type of channel strips and I don't see it available. When I look in the AU manager list of plugs it is not there either.

Thanks for offering up the suggestions!
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: More than me Reply with quote

ed_f wrote:

Yes - I am actually a guy who reads the instructions.

Okay, just trying to be clear..

Quote:
Still, it doesn't seem like the audioUnit manager ever recognizes the plugin

Very strange that you don't see the Soundquest plug?
Are you on a Mac or windows?
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: More than me Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
ed_f wrote:

Yes - I am actually a guy who reads the instructions.

Okay, just trying to be clear..

Quote:
Still, it doesn't seem like the audioUnit manager ever recognizes the plugin

Very strange that you don't see the Soundquest plug?
Are you on a Mac or windows?

Yes best to start at the beginning - sorry if that sounded like a complaint. No reason to toss out suggestions if the basic haven't been met. I have seen that happen a lot.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, you are using Logic, my bad.
Try runnning disk utility and confirm that Logic is opening in 32 bit..
BetaMark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Plugin editor window won't reopen from within Logic 9.1. Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
What you are doing is "Closing" the plug-in?

Effectively, yes.

Quote:
Instead of closing the plug, just hit the 'V" key.. all plugs will vanish and reappear when you press the "V" key again

Tried this, but I think all this does is to hide the window, not close it (but without closing the actual editor/plugin, whatever) so I end up seeing ALL plugins that I happen to be using, editor and otherwise, on the screen at the same time... not what I want. The editor needs to play by the same rules as all other plugins and follow the same UI conventions when displaying windows.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Plugin editor window won't reopen from within Logic 9.1. Reply with quote

BetaMark wrote:
Lou wrote:
What you are doing is "Closing" the plug-in?

Effectively, yes.

Quote:

Tried this, but I think all this does is to hide the window, not close it (but without closing the actual editor/plugin, whatever) so I end up seeing ALL plugins that I happen to be using, editor and otherwise, on the screen at the same time... not what I want. The editor needs to play by the same rules as all other plugins and follow the same UI conventions when displaying windows.

I see. I thought you were just trying to reduce the editor. But yes you are right in that it does not react as other plug features..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: