Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This Should be Simple - Load MIDI File from Flash Drive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UCG Musician

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: This Should be Simple - Load MIDI File from Flash Drive Reply with quote

Is there some trick to simply opening a .mid file on a flash drive? The flash drive is formattted to FAT32 and has just one song file on it (nothing else). My KRONOS 88 does not even sense the flash drive. Under Disk it only lists the hard drive. It seems like this should a no-brainer.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a different flash drive?
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found it to be just that easy - I use one on my kronos every single day. I would reformat the drive.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: This Should be Simple - Load MIDI File from Flash Drive Reply with quote

UCG Musician wrote:
Is there some trick to simply opening a .mid file on a flash drive? The flash drive is formattted to FAT32 and has just one song file on it (nothing else). My KRONOS 88 does not even sense the flash drive. Under Disk it only lists the hard drive. It seems like this should a no-brainer.

Try inserting flash drive into USB portal before you turn on Kronos. This should allow the keyboard to recognize the drive.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually nitecrawler, that will lyrically cause the Kronos to try to boot from the flash drive and give an error message to that affect. I would try another flash drive after booting up.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:
Actually nitecrawler, that will lyrically cause the Kronos to try to boot from the flash drive and give an error message to that affect. I would try another flash drive after booting up.

Interesting. On my Oasys, thumb drives have to be inserted prior to turning on the machine to recognize. My thought was that it is the same for the Kronos. Sorry if any confusion. Smile

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:

That's true only if the USB drive's "bootable" flag (aka boot flag) is set. This low-level parameter is not easily configurable, but if you're comfortable with tinkering, see:

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=usb+boot+flag&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: