Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed:Using Novation Impuls control Kronos with USB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keekma

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Help needed:Using Novation Impuls control Kronos with USB Reply with quote

Hello,

Because of good reviews I bought the Novation Impuls. The model is brand new and it is USB class compliant. So to use it as a midi-controller connected directly to the Kronos (not thru a computer), I was hoping to get this done with a USB connection.
But this doesn't work. I have the right midi channel setup, because when I use a standard midi-cable and connect it to midi-out and midi-in it is working. Also the Novation is sending midi thru USB. I am on OS1.6

Am I doing something wrong?
Do I have to change a parameter on the Kronos?
Are there others who use a Novation directly with a USB-port and what is the setup?
Are there other people with an other midi-controller with a working USB-connection? What model?
Do you think that on a futher software update it might work?

If the Novation is not recognized by the Kronos I might consider to exchange it. Is a M-Audio Axiom recognized?

Thanx for any anwers!

Former keyboards:
Yamaha s90es, Virus TI snow, Roland xp30, Roland u20, Roland juno 6
markn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USB-class compliant devices should work with Kronos.
You dont need to do much except selecting the right Midi-Channel. So you canīt do anything wrong normally.
I donīt know about the Novation, but Iīve got the M-Audio Axiom61 2nd Gen running perfectly here under OS 1.5.
Havenīt checked 1.6 yet...
markn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, you shocked me... Shocked

Last night i updated to V 1.6 on Kronos and tested the editor. I did not check my Axiom yet... Next live Gig is Friday this week.
So after writing the above post i went to check it out. Result: The Axiom is still working... thank God Very Happy
Cpilot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to note. Don't try the sliders to operate the CX-3 drawbars. You'll need sysex for that and I don't think the Impuls can send sysex.

Bryan
keekma

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markn wrote:
Man, you shocked me... Shocked

Last night i updated to V 1.6 on Kronos and tested the editor. I did not check my Axiom yet... Next live Gig is Friday this week.
So after writing the above post i went to check it out. Result: The Axiom is still working... thank God Very Happy

I am glad it worked out for you, and it is not OS1.6 who is causing problems.
So if it should work just fine just by selecting the rights midi channel, I think the novation is not working with the usb connection. How does the M audio play. Do you like the key action?

Koen

Former keyboards:
markn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Axiom is doing pretty well. The sliders, knobs and pads are of relatively good quality.
The keyboard is a light weighted board with a well defined key action and ok for organs and synth-solos. Itīs for sure not the best keyboard out there, but doing well for my purposes and at itīs price.
i also like the fact that itīs pretty light.
Negative point is, that they donīt deliver an editor, so youīll have to do all editing at the device directly, but this is quite simple.
All in all iīm very satisfied, itīs a good addition to kronos 88.
I had a Yamaha KX49 before that, an this was pretty bad compared to the Axiom.
keekma

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markn wrote:
The Axiom is doing pretty well. The sliders, knobs and pads are of relatively good quality.
The keyboard is a light weighted board with a well defined key action and ok for organs and synth-solos. Itīs for sure not the best keyboard out there, but doing well for my purposes and at itīs price.
i also like the fact that itīs pretty light.
Negative point is, that they donīt deliver an editor, so youīll have to do all editing at the device directly, but this is quite simple.
All in all iīm very satisfied, itīs a good addition to kronos 88.
I had a Yamaha KX49 before that, an this was pretty bad compared to the Axiom.

Thanx for your comments. I ordered an Axiom from the same shop I bought the Novation. Should be here tomorrow. I will compare both. In can return within 30 days. I love the shops on the internet!
I also had a KX61 before. I was not happy with it. Sold it on the internet.

Former keyboards:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: