Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I have a few questions about my korgr3, if anyone could help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregbankley

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: I have a few questions about my korgr3, if anyone could help Reply with quote

So I have a korg r3, works nice. But doesn't have so many keys but I do have a big yamaha keyboard. In the back of the keyboard it has midi in and out. is there a way to hook up the korg r3 to my big keyboard so I have more keys? I also have a pedal on my yamaha , so that would be great to use with my r3..

So if there is a way, then how? What cables do I need?

Thanks!!
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha MIDI Out > R3 MIDI In.
Make sure they are both on the same MIDI channel (should be both ch1 by default anyway).
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
axxim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a few questions about my korgr3, if anyone could Reply with quote

gregbankley wrote:
... So if there is a way, then how? What cables do I need?...

you need cable with two male 5 pin DIN connectors like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Foot-Long-MIDI-Connect-Cable/dp/B000068NTU/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1336685670&sr=1-1
which can be found on every electronics or musical equipment store
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyi18932rUoHqUTEpsykkIg
gregbankley

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok that is only 5 bucks so I am ordering it now. I hope it fits!

My second question is, I have been trying to download patches off the download section of this website to put on my r3,but when i download them on my mac i can't open them up. do i need a program or something>
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your questions were already asked and answered a month ago:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=467051&highlight=#467051

Please do not waste everyone's time by reposting the same questions when you haven't even read the responses already given to you, which if you happen to notice, are basically the same answers.
gregbankley

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get a life dude, i was just asking a question. I was asking specifically which cable I needed, and someone sent a link and that was just perfect. Why are you wasting your time by posting on my forum, unless you are going to help?
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did help by answering your questions the first time you asked them, a month ago. So why didn't you read them or at least ask follow up questions that showed you read them? It's pointless to answer your questions at all if you don't bother to read them or respond to them when you have further questions. But, that's ok, since you would rather insult me, I won't bother with reading or replying to anything you ever post here again.
gregbankley

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks bra
gregbankley

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and i do and did read your posts
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you're using MIDI (moisture-induction digital interface) cables, make sure the ends are a little damp before you connect them, since they don't always come pre-dampened and they don't work dry (Google "dry signal" for more info). Ideally you don't want them dripping wet, so give them a good shake after putting it under the tap. Licking them works too if you're not near a sink. They may need some re-dampening if you've been playing a few hours and things heat up.

Hope that helps!
acemonvw

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregbankley wrote:
thanks bra

Please do not patronize some of the most valuable members of this forum. They have helped me, and others, countless times as well as answered simple, basic questions over and over and remain cordial to those who should've "looked it up." I've been there and when one doesn't know much of anything about these complex synthesizers, it's hard to know how to even search for the right answer so it just seems easier to ask a new question.

Just saying, have some respect for the members here (especially senior members). You will get more help and learn much faster.

In response to your question about needing software, yes.
There should be a program that you can download called: R3 Bonus Program
Here: http://korg.com/r3 under support.

You will have to connect your R3 to your computer after the software is running. That part confused me at first because the R3 couldn't talk to the computer. I believe there are posts about this already though, please look around for them if you can't figure out how to connect the device.

Good luck and enjoy the synth!
axxim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acemonvw wrote:
gregbankley wrote:
thanks bra

Please do not patronize ....

Excuse me for making this question, but what does "bra" stands for?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyi18932rUoHqUTEpsykkIg
acemonvw

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He meant to say, Thanks 'brah'

It's just like saying "thanks bro":
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=brah

But his earlier statement of 'get a life dude' and then xmlguy's responded with "I won't bother with reading/replying" led to gregbankley antagonizing xmlguy by "thanking" him.

Typically, I think using the word 'brah' is usually in the attempt to further annoy someone, or they are a Frat Boy.
digitspaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehighesttree wrote:
When you're using MIDI (moisture-induction digital interface) cables, make sure the ends are a little damp before you connect them, since they don't always come pre-dampened and they don't work dry (Google "dry signal" for more info). Ideally you don't want them dripping wet, so give them a good shake after putting it under the tap. Licking them works too if you're not near a sink. They may need some re-dampening if you've been playing a few hours and things heat up.

Hope that helps!

Just an FYI.........you can now buy Gen 6.5.2 MIDI cables that include Kinnibling pins on both ends. This eliminates the need to continually moisten the contacts. In other words, you only have to do it once now. (when you first fire it up).
Someone will probably chime in and remind us that there are only 5 pin holes on the MIDI ports. Problem was solved by engineering on this latest release by utilizing what used to be the alignment/locking slot at the top of the port.
Hope this is as beneficial as the original post was.

Paw

CURRENT GEAR:
Korg SG1D 88key Sampling Grand, Kawai MP6 pro stage piano & MIDI controller 88keys, Hammond XK-3c, 1964 Hammond B3 w/Leslie 122, Roland Fantom X6, Roland D50, M-Audio VENOM, Korg R3, DSI Mopho (desktop), DSI Prophet 08, Moog Little Phatty Stage II, Moog Slim Phatty, M-Audio Oxygen61, Presonus audio interface and DAW.
Wish List: Roland JP8000, Moog Voyager
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got those, they're fantastic!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: